Can I carry this bag on? (Delta)

Jess1228

I usually carry on bags that are far smaller than the maximum size limit, but this time I am wanting to carry on a bag that I believe is the maximum. I'd like to know before I get to the airport tomorrow! It is the middle size bag from this set, which puts it at 21" x 14" x 9", which is just at Delta's maximum. However, when I measured it, it seemed like the small wheels on the bottom made it slightly longer. Is that okay? Will they still accept it? I'd just hate to pack it full and then have it denied at check-in tomorrow morning.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Your bag is the maximum size allowed so it should be OK. However, this has happened to me in the past, if the flight is very full and there is nowhere to store it, they will take it from you and check it below. You might want to pack your valuables and any necessary meds into your purse.

There is no way of knowing until you board, but many times I see people with over-sized bags and too many bags. If I were you, I'd not worry about it too much.

How's that for reassurance:confused:

The size you are referring to is the one I've used on the last 10 to 12 Delta flights. There has never been any problem.

I usually try to put it in the overhead as soon as I find a spot .... not necessarily when I get to my seat. I grab the first space so they don't run out of room!

Also, the overhead is larger on the "windows" side, rather than in the center. Found that out when my 21" was bulging and really heavy .... but we squeezed it into the overhead compartment!

Safe travels! :)

as long as it can fit in the carry-on tester they have at the front of the check-in counter it should be okay..

usually tho, the companies who make the bags dont count the wheels in the overall size of the bag..however, the airlines do count the wheels....

...go figure...

Archived