Help with prices for chair rental etc at South Friar's Beach/experiences there

cubalinda

Hi there. I will be in St. Kitts on a cruise stop and will be going on a Sight-seeing and Beach time Tour with Royston Tours,and he apparently prefers South Friar's beach for his stop/beach time. (His website lists both Cockleshell and South Friar's)

I'm looking for help with information about South Friar's beach.

I guess there are a few places to rent a chair and grab a bite/drink there (although Royston has a snack beach-side on his Tour).

Can someone chime in with fairly recent prices for chair and umbrella rental at Carambola, Discovery Beach? (I think that is its name) and Shipwreck bar.

About how long did it take you to walk from Carambola to Discovery Beach? to Shipwreck?

I think there will be 2 to 3 ships in port that day and anticipate it being busy. I won't be snorkeling so that factor doesn't matter to me.

What part of South Friar's beach did you spend time at?

How was it for you? Was it jam-packed and affected your enjoyment there? What were your experiences there?

Of course the food/drink prices will be fairly high at Carambola ;is that a fair assessment? Any recommendations on where to eat without having to take out a mortgage?

I have scoured many reviews of these places but would appreciate some personal information/experiences.Your input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Any feedback about Royston's Tour as well would be very helpful too

• 2 weeks later...

We were just there in August and I have a FULL review of our day at Carambola. Nice place and water. We did walk all the way down to ShipWreck and the black beach was amazing.

Please take a look at my review, listed in my signature line. There's TONS of pictures. If I ever return, we will probably go to Discovery next time. Chairs were the same price. :)

• 3 weeks later...

We were just there last week, and here is our experience:

We got dropped off at Shipwreck (we have been there before). No charge to use chairs, but we bought drinks and food from Shipwreck. We took a walk down the beach and stopped at Discovery Beach Bar (maybe 5 mins from Shipwreck). We got the opportunity to meet Morsi, the owner and his children. He has, by far some of the best rum punch we have ever had! We also had the ginger chicken wings which were delicious! Morsi charges $10 to rent chairs, but he offers restrooms, shower and use of the water toys. We will probably spend the day at Discovery next time, since we had such a good experience during our short time there.