specialty restaurant package

For those of you that book the specialty restaurant package before hand, it says they book the first or second night for you. Did you ever have trouble changing the restaurant when you got on the ship? We are going on the Oasis and I am not sure which restaurant they are going to pick for my first reservation, I know the other nights I can make on the ship. Tia

Edited by HaileyJordan

We had Chops already booked for night 2. I went to Chops on night one just to confirm we did have a reservation for night 2. The other 2 nights we just played by ear. We knew we did not want to do MDR on formal nights so we chose to try Sabor on night 4 and then pick Chops or Sabor for night 6. We called and booked Sabor for night 4 on day 3. We forgot to book a reservation for Chops for night 6 but when we went to see if they could get us in it was no problem at all. We had a reservation for GIovannis that was made for us when we booked the package, but when we made one of the reservations we asked them to cancel it.

It worked really well and very seamless. Anytime we wanted to make a reservation after they brought up the cabin number they reminded us that we did purchase the dining package.

We are planning a cruise for next year. I think we may go for 4 nights this time because I was not impressed with the MDR but was blown away with Chops and Sabor.

We had Chops already booked for night 2. I went to Chops on night one just to confirm we did have a reservation for night 2. The other 2 nights we just played by ear. We knew we did not want to do MDR on formal nights so we chose to try Sabor on night 4 and then pick Chops or Sabor for night 6. We called and booked Sabor for night 4 on day 3. We forgot to book a reservation for Chops for night 6 but when we went to see if they could get us in it was no problem at all. We had a reservation for GIovannis that was made for us when we booked the package, but when we made one of the reservations we asked them to cancel it.

It worked really well and very seamless. Anytime we wanted to make a reservation after they brought up the cabin number they reminded us that we did purchase the dining package.

We are planning a cruise for next year. I think we may go for 4 nights this time because I was not impressed with the MDR but was blown away with Chops and Sabor.

Sounds easy enough. I purchased the 5 night package. The first night we will do MDR and then just one other night during the week. We prefer the specialty restaurants also. I usually just preplan before we go, but this is our first time doing a package.