M/Y Panorama in Greek Isles

theduffys

• 7 months later...

We had an incredibly memorable experience. We were very lucky with the outgoing mix of international guests. There were 14 Americans, 2 Brits, 6 Germans, 2 Brazilians, 8 Spanish, and 8 Australians.

We traveled with our 2 teenagers - only children on board and they loved it. The food was overall delicious. The crew was mainly Greek, and the room stewards and waitresses were Romanian. The Greek captain is also the owner of the ship. There was a tour guide who arranged all our optional (nominal fee) shore excursions.

The rooms were tiny but clean. I'd be happy to answer as many questions as you like.

Thank You so much World Traveller. We are taking two 12 year old grandaughters on a trip with Overseas Adventure Travel. We will be a week on land and a week on the yacht. Hearing that the cabins are clean is great. We weren't expecting anything large. Does the bathroom have a separate shower stall or, is it a typical "head" with the shower in the ceiling over the toilet? Is there any place to hang wet clothes to dry after washing? I'm sure I will come up with lots more questions in the weeks to come.

You will be pleasantly surprised with the ship. They are full bathrooms with a real shower with shower curtain. Good lighting, full sink, shampoos, etc. Real flushing toilet - the only problem is you can't flush toilet paper. I forgot a couple of times and it clogged!

There is a little laundry line in the bathroom. We paid to have our laundry cleaned by the room steward. It was a reasonable fee.

They make your beds, give you fresh towels, I think twice a day.

• 4 weeks later...

World,

Thanks for that great news. Another question, if I may, is there a hair dryer in the cabin? Also, must I bring a transformer to use my curling iron? We leave in 2 weeks and are really getting excited!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry so late to reply, I didn't hear from you for a long time, so I figured you had left already. No, I don't think there was a hair dryer, and yes, you would have to bring a transformer. This is a European ship, and they would only have European plugs.

Thanks World,

We leave on Sat. and are really excited to say the least!!! I contacted Overseas Adventure Travel and they said that all I have to do is ask the room steward and one will be provided. Hope that is correct cause I'm not planning on bringing one. I have packed the necessary transformer and plugs for the curling iron.

• 3 weeks later...

Just got back and had a fantastic time. The Pan Orama was a wonderful sailing experience and the crew were just great. As you know, Greece, like the rest of the world, is in the midst of a tremendous heat wave and so the cabins were quite warm when we arrived on board. The A/C was just not able to keep up so, the hotel manager went out and bought fans for us. We were very impressed.

Archived