Cave tubing with X-streme? Anyone been with them lately??

Tarheelbelle

Tar there was an earlier post from cruisers that the X-Stream vehicle broke down en route, I got the impression it was not a newer model, and the guide didn't have a cell phone to call for backup like the other operators do, maybe Morico can tell more about that stuff. (They finally stopped a ship tour bus and talked the driver into rescuing them, so they made it back in time to sail.)

I went cave tubing with X-Stream last week (November 10th). We had a great time!!! The van was a newer model van, and our guide did have a cell phone. The river moved fast, and we had to paddle a lot. But it was a lot of fun. The guide was very nice. He talked a lot, and was full of information about his country. As a matter of fact, after the tour when he was taking us back to our tender, he actually stopped at a local store so that we could do a little tourist shopping. I definetly recommend X-Stream!

I was with them a year and a half ago. I know it isn't recent, but is relevent.

Tour guide was excellent. We did barely make it back in time for the sail away. This was not their fault! We were on the regular "be in moderate shape" tour. We had a couple of people who really were slowing us down. They were middle aged people who were constantly smoking and wanted to take frequent breaks because their lungs were shot. I loved the smell of the jungle and the mulch, but the smoke really took away from it.In the caves, they also had a hard time keeping up.

Look, my two pre teens had no problem walking the mile in the beautiful rain forest. We had some seniors that look like they were born again with all that fresh oxygen. However, your group could be at the mercy of people who really shouldn't be doing this excursion.

Archived