Approx what time did you receive your luggage?

SaraUCF81

I can't remember what time we received our luggage in our cabin when we went on Adventure but I'm pretty sure it was before dinner (but we also had late seating, this time we have early). I think I was surprised by how soon it arrived. What is the average/normal time to expect the luggage to arrive by?

Sara

When we were on Voyager in Sept. Our luggage was outside our door at 1:00 when they opened up the hallways to get to our room. It may have helped that we checked in at 11:30 and were on the ship at noon. Not so much luggage to sort out at that time.

We've gotten ours anywhere from an hour after we boarded (we boarded later than usual that time!) to 6pm. We've also found our luggage waiting outside the doors of other peoples cabins, we just noticed bags that looked an awful lot like ours, so peeked at the tags.

We usually wear clothing to board in that we wouldn't mind wearing to dinner the first night, just in case.

Depends upon the ship and the longshoremen that day. Some can be orderly, while others not so. We normally board early and hence our luggage is at least positioned onto the ship in the stairway hall area. As we check out the ship, we occaisionally wander by that area and when we see ours appear, we wheel it down and stow it in our cabin. Wheels, what will they think of next.

On all 9 of our cruises we have received our luggage in plenty of time to unpack and change for dinner. We have also always had early seating. I do have to say though that I always packed dinner clothes in our carry on just in case. :p

Cindy ;)

In 18 cruises, my luggage has only once been delivered after 4 PM. 6PM I think. Usually within 2 hours of boarding. I still carry a change of clothes for first night dinner along with meds and cameras in carryon.

on the voyager in july we did not receive our luggage till 11.00pm and then one bag was missing we went to the pursers desk filled out the forms,then my son and i searched the corridors till we found it, it was chaos :confused:

Every cruise has been different. Our very first cruise which was on Mariner of the Seas, we didn't get our luggage until nearly midnight. On Enchantment of the Seas, we had it in an hour after we boarded.

Because I don't dare rely on having luggage early, I always pack my dinner clothes, toiletries. medicine and pajamas in my carry on bag just in case.

We were on board around 2PM after waiting in line for an hour trying to get on board AOS last month in San Juan. We did not receive our luggage until 20 minutes before the ship sailed at 10PM. DH had to go see the purser before they were able to locate it. We were in a GS and the luggage was found sitting somewhere on Deck 3. We never learned who was responsible for that mistake.

The hotel manager sent a bottle of champagne the next day but that did not make up for our first impression of Royal Caribbean.

Nancy

Our luggage usually always arrives about two hours after boarding. Although our last cruise on the Coral Princess to Alaska was different. None of us got our luggage until after dinner. But it was just fine; after all, we are on vacation!

Archived