On board Account Explorer of Seas

They will charge your creditcard periodically in whatever currency you choose. They charge 2 or 3% for conversion from USD. Check your card's terms and conditions. You can preload your account over the phone. They did the conversion for free and at better than market rates but the entity charging is in the USA so some banks charge a fee. Hint: if you book your next cruise onboard you get a credit to your _current_ onboard account that is sometimes larger than the deposit. That's free money.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi we are boarding EOS on Tuesday and want to pay cash into on board account. Do we need US Dollar or can we use Aus Dollar?

Thank you

The actual onboard account will be in US Dollars but you can certainly pay for it in Aus dollars, they will just just do a currency conversion from Aus $ to US$. The exchange rate will not be anything to get excited about though. I take it from what you have said that want a cash account and not registering a credit card. Remember you can always register a credit card but still pay your account in cash if you want to.

They will charge your creditcard periodically in whatever currency you choose. They charge 2 or 3% for conversion from USD. Check your card's terms and conditions. You can preload your account over the phone. They did the conversion for free and at better than market rates but the entity charging is in the USA so some banks charge a fee. Hint: if you book your next cruise onboard you get a credit to your _current_ onboard account that is sometimes larger than the deposit. That's free money.

Can anyone elaborate on the booking of your next cruise whilst on board? Sounds very interesting!!!

Hi we are boarding EOS on Tuesday and want to pay cash into on board account. Do we need US Dollar or can we use Aus Dollar?

Thank you

The account on board will be in $USD but they will take either $USD or $AUD as cash if you are setting up the account. Depending on the cruise length they will want at least $500 to start with and may notify you if the level starts to get too low. The exchange rate they give you for the $AUD on board will not be as good as your main bank or the currency exchanges on George st.

Can anyone elaborate on the booking of your next cruise whilst on board? Sounds very interesting!!!

If you have a future cruise in mind, definitely book while on board, they can offer free cabin upgrades and extra's like gratuities and OBC. It also means a lower deposit. If you do not have a cruise in mind, you can still purchase a future cruise credit which will apply to nearly any cruise you decide to book in the future.