SIN Going between terminals

gullcruiser

Getting off ship and then a 12 hour layover. I have reserved a room at Aerotel Transit Hotel which is in Terminal 1. How hard is it to get to Terminal 3 from there? Also, can I leave the airport after I check in to Aerotel, by then I will have gone through Immigration and not certain if they care if I go through a second time.

thanks for your help.

You can easily walk between terminals or take the tram. Very quick and easy. So much shopping and food in the airport. Lots of fun. I stayed in the Crowne Plaza in terminal 3 in a day room after my inbound flight. I am transiting thru again and will stay at the aerotel in terminal 2. Enjoy!

It can be a long hike (including a couple of short transit train rides) if your gate is at the far end of terminal 3. Allow plenty of time. The terminal 1 Aerotel Hotel is at the opposite end of terminal 1 to the transit train that links to terminal 3.

As I recall the room rate only covers six hours then you pay extra for every hour after that. If you want to do some sightseeing in Singapore there are luggage lockers where you can leave your carry-ons and then you go through check-in and immigration after you've finished your sightseeing. You may not even need the hotel, I think there are places you can shower before your flight inside the terminals if you want to freshen up before your flight. Check the Changi Airport website. It's a great airport.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ