Did the Breakaway not stop at GSC this week?

Could very well be. I understand that in Nov/Dec the odds of getting to GSC are around 50/50. Likely one of the reasons why sailing this time of year (outside of holidays) is so affordable!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

REALLY wild boat ride in and out.

I didn't see a huge difference from when we were there a couple of years ago, maybe a few more buildings. Bar lines are long, shops were all selling the same stuff.

For us, it was nice, but I expected to be amazed and wasn't.

REALLY wild boat ride in and out.

I didn't see a huge difference from when we were there a couple of years ago, maybe a few more buildings. Bar lines are long, shops were all selling the same stuff.

For us, it was nice, but I expected to be amazed and wasn't.

I don't think the new stuff is done yet.

Yeah we were on the thanksgiving breakaway. The crew said if the waves were any higher they would have canceled .

The biggest issue was that it took 2 hours to get to the island once standing in line . Norwegian does tender groups but they do not call them, and they don't appear to enforce them. They should just call them get in line recommendation times. Pretty much you go downstairs and find the end of line spanning the length of the ship . The line is to actually get to the theater in which they held us for about an hour until the tender is ready .

Coming back was about an hour .

It was my first time to the island so not sure what it was like pre renovations. The docking area seemed new .

Did steak tacos for lunch which were ok ( just ground beef filling , but toppings good).

Drinks were good except for the mojhitos which were pre made in a jug and awful.

Besides that it's hard to complain about a beach . The main area is crowded and the chairs go quickly, but the chairs near the cabanas on the other side of the island did not fill up. I had initially assumed the guests paying 600 for those would get a private beach, but no its open for everyone and still quiet .

i'm still trying to learn the lay of the land at GSC and interested in hearing more about any changes to the lagoon . i'm reading old posts to catch up on how that is arranged and understand when BA is in town they do have food there vs other smaller ships.

clams are 30 and get one with mesh is also the tip i'm hearing. wont spend 300 for the cabana but shade is a must wherever we go with the kids.