My time dining

laurrbarr

Hey all! Do I need to make advance reservations with my time dining? Sailing this Saturday (the 3rd) on Independence. Just 2 people dining! I always thought you didn't have to.. but I'm reading reviews that the wait times are very long.

Hey all! Do I need to make advance reservations with my time dining? Sailing this Saturday (the 3rd) on Independence. Just 2 people dining! I always thought you didn't have to.. but I'm reading reviews that the wait times are very long.

the answer to your question is that you do not need to make reservations for MTD. If you don't, you to to the dining room at the time you want. Depending on the time of evening, that might mean standing in line. If you want to minimize wait time, then I suggest you reserve dining times, but again, if you reserve times during the peak, then you may have to wait in line for a bit.

I have not had to wait for MTD since I always book early times (like 5:45, or 6) because I usually travel with a diabetic, and they prefer to eat sooner rather than later

Edited by Slopoke15

We rarely if ever make reservations and I don't think we have ever waited more than 5 minutes. That is why we love MTD. We go to dinner when we feel like it, not when someone tells you to.

And yes, we do occasionly make reservations and if our plans change, we still just go when we feel like it and never have any problems

My Time for two is usually never a problem. We are planners so reserve early and you will pretty much be guaranteed your time and with the same waiter for your whole cruise. Without reservations, you will wait 10 minutes +/-, and longer on sea days.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

a newby question- how long does dinner usually take? we're set up for MTD, but I want to make sure we go early (or late) enough to see the shows we want to see

Depends on the table size. A table for 2 can be finished in 60-90 minutes. Large tables can take 2 hours.

MDR dining is considered a more formal dinner and you can't really rush unless you ask your server to skip a course. If there is something specific you want to do that conflicts with a dinner reservation, you can always opt to eat in the buffet called Windjammer.

MTD is usually faster than the assigned time dining. The norm is 60-75 minutes in MTD. I'm a planner and like to look at each day's schedule and make reservations online to fit. The shows often have a 7pm and 9pm showtime to accommodate everyone.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We like the 6pm dining time as that's when we normally eat anyways. So we have done the traditional dining and "Your Time".

With Your time dining we didn't reserve the time until we got on board and since we eat early it's has never been a wait for us. But this cruise coming up in a couple of weeks we were able to reserve our dining time and I did. Just made it easier for me.

I don't know if you go later how the wait is but on Holland America and Royal Caribbean because we eat early anyways we have never had to wait.

Also, each RCI ship has varying show times. Freedom has the main show at 7:30 and then again at 8:45. By eating MT around 6pm as someone else mentioned, you would have time to make it to the 7:30 show, which is really for MDR second seating guests.