Private Tours

pdprof

Has anyone booked a private tour when in San Juan before? We've done all the stuff by the port many times and are looking to do something different. We've had great experience booking private tours on other islands so we can go at our own pace and don't have the hassle of 150 people on a massive bus. Anyone have a tour company recommendation?

East Island Excursions has great beach/snorkel trips. One is to Culebra to Flamenco Beach, it really is gorgeous there! If you want to go to the rainforest, I did a trip with Natural Wonders PR, they take smaller groups to areas of the rainforest the big tour companies don't go to so you avoid the long lines and huge crowds. Ask for Yamile as a guide! If you want something for adventurous, Kayaking Puerto Rico has a mini boat tour where you drive your own mini boats and stop at different snorkeling spots and a bit of beach time at palominito. Tons of fun and highly recommend!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I haven't done any tours for St.Maartin. Only have been to Orient beach. If you'd like to go to one of the beaches, I'd suggest skipping the beach excursion through the ship. Once you get off the ship there is a waiting area with various beach signs and local taxis waiting to take you there for way less money

THere are four of us. I was thinking more of a rainforest tour with some other key stops. I don't want to do the big charter bus tours that normally are thru the cruise ship. We just feel like we don't get our money's worth on those.

The rainforest tour through Natural Wonders PR was awesome! It was my boyfriend and I and there were about 6 others in our group. Definitely not a big charter bus group. You stop for lunch and they will also take you to a waterslide made from a rock formation. There is an option to go to Luquillo beach after the rainforest as well.

We have used Ellis twice and will use him again. He is on Craigslist and also on Facebook. You can email him at fleisherellis@aol.com

we did his mango daiquiri tour last time and had a great time. It was my daughter and I. He will customize your tour to what your interests are and go out his way to please you.

http://puertorico.craigslist.org/trv/5895579750.html?lang=en&cc=us