Mini suite

Mark brown

You'll also be amazed at how little time you spend on your balcony. :eek:

For a first time cruiser I agree 100%.

But we have gotten to the point where the balcony is important to us. We spent a lot of time on it. Which is why we picked one of the mini-suites with the larger angled balcony.

I can't believe what Princess did to most of the balconies on board this ship! :eek:

• 8 months later...

i see some comments in this thread about lido deck cabin noise. i'm thinking about an L mini and had assumed the retreat area really wouldnt be noisy, especially at nite when i'm trying to sleep. but i've read there are parties in the retreat area?

also reports of early morning deck chairs moving around. i love the location but i really wanna sleep till 7 or 8

so i'd appreciate your first hand experience with a lido deck cabin. thanks

Isn't it funny how no one ever says: "I want to sit out by the pool, but will other people be able to see me?"

If one isn't concerned about being seen by others in the dining room, or by the pool, or at a bar, why would that same person be concerned about being "seen" on their balcony? You sit on the balcony looking at the view. Same as on the Promenade or by the pool. You sit out on your balcony enjoying a snack, or meal or drink, same as in a dining room or lounge. You can have a quiet, private conversation out there and achieve a reasonable amount of privacy. The way the divider screens are set up, the only people who can see a particular balcony are those with a direct line of sight to it. Usually a dozen or so cabins. It's not like 4,000 people can see you. If the fear of being seen by others is all-consuming, than a cruise ship is the wrong place to take a vacation.

Well said. I'm also surprised at the uproar over the few mini suites on the Royal class ships that have balconies that can be seen from above when just about all the mini suites on the Grand class ships have balconies open to above.

On the Princess thread, there is a sticky at the top with reports on specific cabins. You can check there for reports on Lido deck cabins on the Royal.

good suggestion but only one Lido there and it was all the way forward , not under the pool. but they never complained about noise above :)

i will try not to even worry about it. but it will still nag in my mind.

good suggestion but only one Lido there and it was all the way forward , not under the pool. but they never complained about noise above :)

i will try not to even worry about it. but it will still nag in my mind.

Then another cabin? Not on the Royal but I do know of others who were under the pool deck on other ships and, yes, they could hear the chairs being straightened up early in the morning.

with my gfs bum knee , having all that stuff on lido would be very very very nice. i know you can take elevators but i feel we would use the grill/pizza/bar/buffet very extensively. we have read that Regal has fantastic buffet. so being up on 16 seems to actually make it almost worth the risk. i guess we can think that the pool is smaller than the other pool so it wont make 'too much noise'

my alternative was deck 14 so we are sandwiched in.

and it doesnt matter per se but i'm assuming lido is cheaper either because or more ship movement or more noise. ill never get the answer from princess though