Flying home from Amsterdam in April, luggage ?

Triumph428

My wife and I are on the Silhouette on the transatlantic crossing in April ending in Amsterdam. This is not only our first crossing but also our first trip to Europe in any capacity. My question is this, we get into Amsterdam on Sunday morning, and need to fly out the same day and have various options, 10:00 am, 11:00 am, 2:30pm and 5:00pm. I am really tempted to chose the 5:00 pm flight because it would afford us a little time to spend in Amsterdam but am concerned with having to tote our luggage around the city. Do any of you have any suggestions or ideas on ways for us to still have a little time to spend in Amsterdam before our flight without having to wheel our luggage everywhere with us? Thank you for your help.

Ryan

My wife and I are on the Silhouette on the transatlantic crossing in April ending in Amsterdam. This is not only our first crossing but also our first trip to Europe in any capacity. My question is this, we get into Amsterdam on Sunday morning, and need to fly out the same day and have various options, 10:00 am, 11:00 am, 2:30pm and 5:00pm. I am really tempted to chose the 5:00 pm flight because it would afford us a little time to spend in Amsterdam but am concerned with having to tote our luggage around the city. Do any of you have any suggestions or ideas on ways for us to still have a little time to spend in Amsterdam before our flight without having to wheel our luggage everywhere with us? Thank you for your help.

Ryan

There are lockers at the central station. From the central station there is public transportation everywhere you want to go. When you are done sightseeing you just hop on any train to Schiphol - it takes about 15 minutes.

Amsterdam is an amazing city. If I could manage an extra day I would do that. If not, as suggested check celebrity's excursions ending at the airport and the later flight. They deal with your luggage.

We sailed from Amsterdam last year. We went in a day prior and my only regret was we didn't have more time in that amazing city.

Thank you all so much for all the great options. My favorite is definitely to splurge and stay the extra night but the issue is that my wife only gets 13 vacation days and we will already be close to using all of it, but my argument is what better way to use that extra day. The lockers at the station are an awesome option to stow our bags while we sight see for a couple hours and the celebrity excursion would take all the worry away and drop us off at the airport. Thank you again, we have a lot to think about.

Like others, I am sad that your schedule will not allow you more time in Amsterdam. The Keukenhof gardens are in the top 5 most beautiful places we have been and in May they would still be splendid. You could never see them in just a few hours as it takes time to get there also. Is there no way you could ask for an extra day's holidays before you leave on this wonderful trip? BTW Silhouette is my fav ship in Celebrity's fleet. Don't miss the Lawn Club Grill. Enjoy your trip.

Edited by TeaBag