Neg outweight Postives - Anthem Thkgng cruise

As you can see I've been on a few cruises. I belong to the club "No Cruise is a BAD Cruise, you make your own vacation." It wasn't a "BAD" cruise....but it wasn't a great experience. And since I can get a great experience elsewhere, for the same costs, I'm out of Royal. Tried them twice, done! To be fair, I try to highlight some good as well as negative:

Positive: Very beautiful Ship, the flow of traffic through public areas was generally good.

Negative: Flow in Espanade shopping area, with the displays, raffles, and specials was ridiculous. They should move this to a different area.

Positive: Everything that could shined.....except.....

Negative: Saw a lot of mysterious water type stains in the carpeting. At first I thought it was due to rug cleaning, but they never disappeared. :eek: Yuck

Many work carts/food tray carts stuck with dirty dishes etc inside public areas for hours. Waiting for next shift? :confused:

Positive: Virtual cabin was great, roomy, loved the effect.

Negative: Steward was rude, only made bed, and a small amount of clean. Did NOT replenish standard supplies. I made NO requests other than in terms of standard supplies, and when I did was greeted with a sigh, and a grunt of ok. (I DO appreciate the hard work of a steward - maybe this one was either overwhelmed or untrained but still, I always said please with a smile, never snapped, so rudeness is not needed :()

Food: The turkey was fantastic on Thanksgiving. Buffett was adequate, when they didn't run out of items (during main hours) and if you like the EXACT SAME FOOD every day.

Main dining areas: Service was good, could have skipped the roving sales pitches during my meal. Food was fine, nothing special. I believe that all this is all drive you toward special dining areas. Sort of a "we'll feed you, you won't go hungry, but if you want a treat... :rolleyes: well, that will cost you $$!"

Bar Service/Wait Staff: Great bartenders, but WAY understaffed. No waitstaff meant long lines at every bar. Only time I saw wait staff was in the theater. Bartenders had great spirit despite it all - BRAVO! :D Unfortunatly was able to watch this repeat over and over while waiting for service.

Entertainment: I like everything but the cruise director. Don't know if he is rotating out, but he should. Everytime he spoke it was like a airline stewardess safety speech.

So ...I could say more but, I still had a nice vacation; hats off to my fellow passengers, we were all in a holiday spirit and shrugged off anything negative. And while many shared their disappointment in the same areas I wrote about; I know there were many that sailed right through and will continue on RC. No worries to each their own.

In the end, beauty of the ship was ruined by "dirty" just around the corner, a great cabin was spoiled by a rude steward; Food substained me, waiting 15 minutes for a drink was made tolerable by a good bar staff. And, as we all know, there is no thing as a "BAD" cruise...I wasn't at work:D

Thanks for the review. We were on the same sailing.

I have to agree with the food. It was really nothing to write home about. Most dining staffs we encountered were very nice and attentive, except for one host outside of Grande. For a few times, he told me how I made his job harder ( I was having trouble linking reservation with another cabin online, and no help from rcl customer service phone line). Despite whether I am at fault, I don't think it's best practice to tell the customers how they make their jobs harder. Go vent to other staffs after hours or somthing.

We also did have a nice steward, guess yours wasn't having a good week.

I am not a die hard fan of any cruise line. I like to try them all.

Personally the only reason why I want to be on RC ship is their innovation on the ship. Although I think after the oasis class, the quantum class was a bit of a let down. I missed all the public open spaces they have on the oasis class. Nevertheless I have to applaud them to continue to innovate and I know a of people actually like the quantum class ship.

As you can see I've been on a few cruises. I belong to the club "No Cruise is a BAD Cruise' date=' you make your own vacation." It wasn't a "BAD" cruise....but it wasn't a great experience. And since I can get a great experience elsewhere, for the same costs, I'm out of Royal. Tried them twice, done! To be fair, I try to highlight some good as well as negative:

Positive: Very beautiful Ship, the flow of traffic through public areas was generally good.

Negative: Flow in Espanade shopping area, with the displays, raffles, and specials was ridiculous. They should move this to a different area.

Positive: Everything that could shined.....except.....

Negative: Saw a lot of mysterious water type stains in the carpeting. At first I thought it was due to rug cleaning, but they never disappeared. :eek: Yuck

Many work carts/food tray carts stuck with dirty dishes etc inside public areas for hours. Waiting for next shift? :confused:

Positive: Virtual cabin was great, roomy, loved the effect.

Negative: Steward was rude, only made bed, and a small amount of clean. Did NOT replenish standard supplies. I made NO requests other than in terms of standard supplies, and when I did was greeted with a sigh, and a grunt of ok. (I DO appreciate the hard work of a steward - maybe this one was either overwhelmed or untrained but still, I always said please with a smile, never snapped, so rudeness is not needed :()

Food: The turkey was fantastic on Thanksgiving. Buffett was adequate, when they didn't run out of items (during main hours) and if you like the EXACT SAME FOOD every day.

Main dining areas: Service was good, could have skipped the roving sales pitches during my meal. Food was fine, nothing special. I believe that all this is all drive you toward special dining areas. Sort of a "we'll feed you, you won't go hungry, but if you want a treat... :rolleyes: well, that will cost you $$!"

Bar Service/Wait Staff: Great bartenders, but WAY understaffed. No waitstaff meant long lines at every bar. Only time I saw wait staff was in the theater. Bartenders had great spirit despite it all - BRAVO! :D Unfortunatly was able to watch this repeat over and over while waiting for service.

Entertainment: I like everything but the cruise director. Don't know if he is rotating out, but he should. Everytime he spoke it was like a airline stewardess safety speech.

So ...I could say more but, I still had a nice vacation; hats off to my fellow passengers, we were all in a holiday spirit and shrugged off anything negative. And while many shared their disappointment in the same areas I wrote about; I know there were many that sailed right through and will continue on RC. No worries to each their own.

In the end, beauty of the ship was ruined by "dirty" just around the corner, a great cabin was spoiled by a rude steward; Food substained me, waiting 15 minutes for a drink was made tolerable by a good bar staff. And, as we all know, there is no thing as a "BAD" cruise...I wasn't at work:D[/quote']

Enjoy your future cruises, wherever they may be.

As you can see I've been on a few cruises. I belong to the club "No Cruise is a BAD Cruise' date=' you make your own vacation." It wasn't a "BAD" cruise....but it wasn't a great experience. And since I can get a great experience elsewhere, for the same costs, I'm out of Royal. Tried them twice, done! To be fair, I try to highlight some good as well as negative:

In the end, beauty of the ship was ruined by "dirty" just around the corner, a great cabin was spoiled by a rude steward; Food substained me, waiting 15 minutes for a drink was made tolerable by a good bar staff. And, as we all know, there is no thing as a "BAD" cruise...I wasn't at work:D[/quote']

Time for you to move to another cruise line. Thanks for the feedback.