Symbolic Wedding

srp1419

Hi!

We are hoping to have our wedding onboard one of Carnivals ships. We will be getting legally married at home which is why it will have to be a "symbolic wedding" or under the "vow renewal".

My concern is, from what I hear Carnival will not let you pick the day and most times you don't find out until you are actually on the ship, is this true? I know I read on their website that it cannot be on a formal night, nor on embarkation day or while in port. Ok. Fine.

What if there are only 2 sea days and both of those are the formal night? Do they do symbolic ceremonies in the evening once the ship leaves the port of call that day?

The reason I'm concerned is I'd hate for them to tell me the wedding is going to be near the end of the cruise because then I'd be worrying the whole time about getting awkward tan lines or sunburns for the pictures. I'd much prefer the ceremony to be on the second day so that we could relax and enjoy the rest of the week.

I'd love to hear your thoughts and experiences!

We had a symbolic ceremony on CCL four years ago. The review is in my signature.

We got married out a 7 day out of Baltimore and everything your reading is true. You don't officially know which day your ceremony will be, but you can make pretty educated guesses. We knew our ceremony would either be on the second sea day or the last sea day because of when formal night fell. We wanted the earlier date and they were able to accommodate us. We had a planner that we met with at breakfast on the second day and she took care of everything. I don't know what they would do if your two sea days are formal nights--that is a question for CCL Weddings. I imagine with it being a pretty steady revenue stream that they would find some way to hold your ceremony.