Seabourn Pride to visit Gloucester, MA

Ben James Ben

The Seabourn Pride will be adding Gloucester, Massachusetts to its itinerary. Gloucester is a small fishing town about an hour northeast of Boston. You may have seen it featured in the movie The Perfect Storm. This is good news for the town, and I hope that they are successful in attracting more cruise ship business. I am somewhat near that area, though I've never been to Gloucester. I also hope you Seabourn cruisers will like Gloucester, though I'm not sure what lodging or amenities are available in the area.

From the article:

The Seabourn Pride will arrive in Gloucester next fall to launch trips first to Canada and then to Nassau. The stop has traditionally been made in New York, but the cruise line was looking for a better alternative, said spokesman Bruce Good. It considered Boston, but ultimately chose to go north of the city... Gloucester hopes to welcome even more ships in the coming years. Already, six cruises are scheduled for stops next year...

Cruise control: Gloucester lures small ship

Boston Herald, November 5, 2005, Jennifer Heldt Powell

http://business.bostonherald.com/businessNews/view.bg?articleid=110496

P.S. I'd like to thank everyone who posts on these boards. I've never cruised, but I regularly read the Cruise Critic boards to learn about cruising.

Ben......we are looking forward to visiting your quaint, beautiful city next year. While we were in Boston last month our Pride Captain, Toenis T. Sorensen, made a trip up to Gloucester to visit the area.

While we are in your city, please some to the pier and take a look at our floating white castle......even better, book a voyage!

Thank you for posting and I'll see you next year!

Martita B.

Archived