Seattle Marriott, Sheraton Seattle, Renaissance Seattle

rkacruiser

I am planning a pre-cruise stay in Seattle and am considering these three hotels.

I last stayed at the Seattle Marriott in 2015 and enjoyed my stay. The hotel's web site shows some photos that make me think there has been a recent updating of some of the areas. Am I correct?

It has been many years since I stayed at the Sheraton Seattle. Looking at that hotel's web site, nothing looked familiar.

Some time ago I stayed at a Stouffer's Hotel in Seattle. The location of the Renaissance Seattle makes me wonder if it once was the Stouffer's.

I would appreciate learning other cruisers opinions, pro and con, who have stayed at any of these three properties. And, I hope those who reside in Seattle would offer there opinions as well.

Thank you.

Yes, the Renaissance was the Stouffer eons ago. It would be my last choice, given its location at the top of one of the steepest hills in Seattle (and that's saying something) plus the absence of any decent restaurants in the immediate vicinity, plus the presence of a freeway across the street.

Haven't been in the Marriott for a while; they probably have remodeled at some point in the past because it's old enough now to merit it. The Sheraton went through a big expansion a couple of years ago so I assume it, too, has been renovated.

If you're cruising on NCL out of Pier 66, the Marriott has the obvious benefit of being across the street from the terminal. If your aim is to see the downtown sites like the market or Seattle Center etc., or if your cruise departs from T91, then the Sheraton's location would be better.

Edited by Gardyloo