Wrinkle worries for big day

My daughter is getting married this month during our Carnival cruise. She's getting married in St. Thomas, which is day 4 of the cruise. I just read that we can't bring a steamer on board the ship. I know Carnival provides irons, but we can't iron her dress, her veil or the bridesmaids dresses. Any suggestions?

We are staying at a hotel 2 days before embarking. We could steam things there, but how would we get them to and on the ship without wrinkling?

I can't believe the wedding is almost here!

Congratulations!

We just had daughters wedding in August and it was fraught with many difficulties. In the end she said it was the day of her dreams and perfect in every way. May yours be the same.

I'm sure the staff in the laundry would be more than happy to assist. If you steam at hotel and gently put in garment bags and don't squash them the wrinkles will be minimal. Depending of course on the fabric type. And perhaps take several cabs to transport to the terminal.

Mo

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by potterhill

I bring a small hand held steamer without a heating element on every cruise. It looks something like the photo below.

For my wedding, I packed the gown in tissue to avoid wrinkling during travel, then hung it up (first at my hotel and then in my stateroom). Most of the wrinkles fell out. And all it needed was a quick touch up with the steamer.

The ship will also be able to steam the dress. But if you choose that option make arrangements as soon as you board, as it will take at least 24 hours.

Steamer.jpg.f8ba275a0260c26745cf68a75df9dcbe.jpg