Allure review Nov. 27 to Dec. 4th, 2016

On my final sea day on the beautiful Allure. There is so much to see and do. First time trying the boogie board on the Flowrider and loved it! OceanAria was fantastic and saw it twice. Check your show reservations when you arrive since they changed one of my shows and I had to reschedule. Cruise Compass doesn't always list the correct show times so you need to listen for the announcements and check your Personal calendar on TV.

Ice shows including Monopoly and How to train your dragon are fun. Headliner is the comedic Elton John tribute artist, Joel Mason. Comedy act with Miguel Washington was okay. Blue Planet music was an odd mix but the stage set and costumes are great. Aerobic act in pseudo underwater scene is fun to watch. Also enjoyed the Madagascar Aqua show on final sea day.

Do not miss the Quest slow since it's absolutely hilarious! Worth staying up late to see it. Battle of the Sexes is fun too.

Food on board is hit and miss. Some good things at Windjammer and dining room but most were just okay. Donut night at Windjammer is very good. We also had lunch at Solarium Bistro and breakfast at Park Cafe. Do not eat breakfast in main dining room on Labadee day since the kitchen is short staffed and we waited an hour for our food before giving up.

The crew is constantly cleaning the public areas because of norovirus outbreak in the last cruise.

We did the Tulum and Beach Break excursion at Cozumel and loved it but a few passengers did get sick on the choppy ferry ride. The bobsled and Dunns Falls Climb was excellent as well. Loved the ship and wouldn't mind coming back again! Rented a floating mat at Labadee and relaxed at Columbus Cove.

Our cabin was in Central Park on 10th floor. The location is convenient but there is less privacy and can get muggy often. Internet speed is good for uploading even videos. All in all, it's been a nice vacation!

Check your show reservations when you arrive since they changed one of my shows and I had to reschedule. Cruise Compass doesn't always list the correct show times so you need to listen for the announcements and check your Personal calendar on TV.

Hi, I'm just starting your review now and after 2 cruises on Allure and more recently one on Oasis, this is turning to be a very important statement, perhaps more so than the first few years of this class. I was annoyed to miss the aquatheater show the first night on Oasis.

Left my room at 7:50 and did the self debarkation. Cleared customs and got into the taxi at 8:06 am. Very smooth and quick!

16 minutes!?!

Do you think that was out of the ordinary or just seem like a regular occurance?

I've got an 11:10 am flight back to Canada from FLL in January. Was planning on self debarkation at 7am but 7:50 sounds way better!

Thanks

Hi, I'm just starting your review now and after 2 cruises on Allure and more recently one on Oasis, this is turning to be a very important statement, perhaps more so than the first few years of this class. I was annoyed to miss the aquatheater show the first night on Oasis.

Aqua show was cancelled for our first night and we had to reschedule well. Do that in the first sea day to make sure you can get reserved seats. Reservation to dining room should also be made in advance to avoid waiting. We were able to get seats quickly once we check in.

Aqua show was cancelled for our first night and we had to reschedule well. Do that in the first sea day to make sure you can get reserved seats. Reservation to dining room should also be made in advance to avoid waiting. We were able to get seats quickly once we check in.

I always see the Aqua show on the first night on the Eastern itinerary as the seas are usually calm and if it does get canceled I can reschedule, but my last time on Oasis I had a late showing, I think it was 10:45 and we had late seating dinner. When we got on board I saw the show was moved to 9:45, we rushed dinner and still didn't get our reserved seat.

I didn't finish Mamma Mia but it was over 2.5 hours long with a 10 minute intermission. Not all shows can be reserved in advance so check the daily Compass for the additional shows like How to Train Your Dragon Ice Show or the Madagascar Aqua Show.

I would recommend that you make daily dinner reservations to avoid waiting in line. We didn't always show up for dinner and some time came early or a little later without an issue.

As part of the Central Park balcony perk, we ate at Giovanni's for lunch. The menu is limited to 2 choices for appetizer, entree and dessert.

Did you make it to Vintages at all? If so, was the lovely Gemma there?

We were on Allure in November and hoped to see Gemma again at Vintages. The current manager there, Jerome, informed us that she had resigned from Royal Caribbean a few months ago. She was lovely and fun and will be missed!