Dress code

I guess it is proper manners to do once dining at least in older days for men. I guess with statement hats now a days it is ok.

Save

Just wondering why it's proper manners to remove a hat, but it's not proper manners to follow the "no shorts" request by the cruise line.:confused:

Just wondering why it's proper manners to remove a hat, but it's not proper manners to follow the "no shorts" request by the cruise line.:confused:

I quit trying to figure it out.... as with the board by deck number... sorta of same thing... not enforced

Is there actually a no shorts policy? I do not think I have ever seen one on the cruises I have been on. I have seen recommended attire for certain nights, I could be wrong.

I do not mind dressing up and would, I even thought about on our next cruise renting a tux. But I fly usually with a carry on and Sandy usually fills her carry on and part of mine. I just do not have room for another set of clothes and shoes plus I do usually bring a few hats which I need to carry on too. That is my excuse:o

This next cruise we get in early so I might check a piece of luggage with some clothes for formal night.

Edited by shred5

There's been a distinct change in attire from when I first started cruising in 2003 to now. I didn't see more than a third of people on 11/27 Navigator dressing up for the formal nights in the MDR.

We started cruising in 1982, can't count all the changes we have seen through the years not only in cruising but in life in general. To us the 1950s was the last decade where there was so much more civility and basic manners than what you see today. I realize it's a different day and age but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

Edited by MISTER 67