Royal Genie Question & Star Class

HI,

I was wondering if anyone has had one of the Royal Genie's on the cruise that comes with the Star Class ? If so at the end of the cruise how much did you tip them? Also the gratuities are included but did you tip your room attendant more? if so how much? Thanks !! :)

hi we are on the Oasis with you 12/11 and 12/18. We are in a star class room and were last time we sailed on the Allure. We gave her 250 all together. That was recommended but we may give more because of the holiday. We gave the room steward 40. Bill and Penny

Edited by pennyg131

HI,

I was wondering if anyone has had one of the Royal Genie's on the cruise that comes with the Star Class ? If so at the end of the cruise how much did you tip them? Also the gratuities are included but did you tip your room attendant more? if so how much? Thanks !! :)

We just got off the Allure in star class. There were 4 of us in a 2 br aquasuite. Our genie was fantastic. I renamed her Wonder Woman. Gave her $400 and tipped steward an extra $50. Money well spent.

hi we are on the Oasis with you 12/11 and 12/18. We are in a star class room and were last time we sailed on the Allure. We gave her 250 all together. That was recommended but we may give more because of the holiday. We gave the room steward 40. Bill and Penny

Are you staying a star class room the second week on Dec 18? We will be moving to 2 Grand Suites that week. Can you tell me what all the Royal Genie did for you last year on Allure?

5 More Days !!!! :)

Are you staying a star class room the second week on Dec 18? We will be moving to 2 Grand Suites that week. Can you tell me what all the Royal Genie did for you last year on Allure?

5 More Days !!!! :)

We are moving to balcony cabins for the 18th sailing and the 23rd sailing. Our Genie booked all dinners for us in specialty restaurants. We even had one catered in our suite from Chops and they brought in two waiters from there. Each morning she brought specialty coffees from Starbucks at around 9am. She brought cocktails each evening before we left for dinner. She also found out we liked Main lobster and arranged a dinner with lobster for everyone. I really can not remember the rest. Hope this helps, we are in 8730.

Can you tell me what the source of this recommendation was? :confused:

We had a Genie on the Allure in May (first few sailings with the new Royal Suite Class) and were not all that impressed. He messed up a couple of dinner reservations for us, arriving at one place apparently an hour LATE... :eek: Fortunately they were still able to accommodate us.

I had made a couple of requests pre-cruise (special request in-room snack) where I was told "no problem". Tell that to the Genie - three reminders during the sailing, only to have it finally delivered to the WRONG CABIN on the last sea day. I'm sure they enjoyed the buffalo wings... :(

I chalked that up to the program being new, but the Genie still dropped the ball. I think we gave him a couple hundred, and felt that was generous. I'm not there to supplement their income, but am happy to go above/beyond when they've done the same for me. On Celebrity we tipped our Penthouse Butler a few hundred for outstanding service. Breakfast almost each morning and one specialty dinner in our cabin.

Tom