Accessible hotel in Copenhagen; ie, minimal steps

kokopelli-az

We are staying overnight in Copenhagen in May 2017 prior to boarding the Serenade of the Seas. My husband has limited mobility and difficulty with steps. I was hoping to stay in the Nyhavn area but am having difficulty finding a hotel that doesn't have several steps.

Has anyone found a hotel in this area that is somewhat mobility friendly?

I guess Plan B would be to stay at one of the modern hotels in a different area.

Thank you.

If you do not have any objections to a a hostel, Danhostel http://danhostelcopenhagencity.dk/ is clean and safe. Also, they offer rooms for two with private bathroom. Because we both use mobility scooters, they gave us a room for four at the price for two. We also rented their linens.

There is a ramp at the entrance and multiple elevators inside. It is an excellent location, approximately three blocks from the back entrance to Tivoli. It is not very far from Nyhavn, however I would suggest a taxi. The city bus service is excellent, but a hefty step getting into.

If you are sailing on the 20th, I highly recommend getting your reservations in early. Copenhagen's annual marathon is scheduled for the 21st and some runners come into town early. Be thankful that you will miss it.

Have a wonderful cruise.

Betty

My daughter and I are on the Serenade May 27. I, too, wanted to stay near Nyhaven but have a mobility issue and cannot climb steps. After looking at so many of the older hotels, I finally decided on something new but still in that area so have booked into Wakeup Copenhagen which, as they state, has "facilities for disabled guest. The rooms are very small so they may not work for a couple. I booked 2 twin rooms for us. And will request connecting rooms. Search on Hotels.com or Bookings.com for the hotel for more information and pictures-you may want to take note of the unusual bathroom arrangement.

My daughter and I are on the Serenade May 27. I, too, wanted to stay near Nyhaven but have a mobility issue and cannot climb steps. After looking at so many of the older hotels, I finally decided on something new but still in that area so have booked into Wakeup Copenhagen which, as they state, has "facilities for disabled guest. The rooms are very small so they may not work for a couple. I booked 2 twin rooms for us. And will request connecting rooms. Search on Hotels.com or Bookings.com for the hotel for more information and pictures-you may want to take note of the unusual bathroom arrangement.

We're on the Serenade May 27, too! I decided to book The Square. Expedia has it for less than $200 a night and it has a walk score of 100. I emailed the hotel about stairs and they said "there is accessibility by elevator to our rooms and facilities" and it will be easy to navigate. Take a look: thesquarecopenhagen dot com

Good choice. I just looked at it, and it looks very nice; But I did have a primary need to be near public transportation to the hotel then to the airport and ,also, to be close walking distance to Nyhaven, and Amalienborg. Before the cruise we are staying at the Hilton at the airport. I just want to be able to get off the plane and plop into bed.

Look forward to meeting you at the Meet n Mingle:)

• 2 weeks later...

A suggestion would be the Copenhagen Admiral Hotel. I have stayed there on a business trip tho without my wife who uses a wheelchair. Even when we weren't traveling together I still noticed whether we would be able to get around or not. its a beautiful hotel and its two blocks to Nyhaven and a few more to the Stroget.

Good luck.

https://www.oyster.com/copenhagen/hotels/copenhagen-admiral-hotel/photos/