Just Back Today - 3 days on the Sun

iamajulie

Really Chaz?

I thought that only happened in movies! I'll be a little more careful on my next cruise :-) not that i ever cause trouble, but still I wouldnt want to spend any time in the brig..

Dan

Yes one time we wondered where a few of the "characters" (you know the ones who draw your attention all around the ship, in fact I'm sure some people would sometimes see my group as one of these characters) disappeared. Then we found out two of them had been locked up after throwing deck chairs overboard while drunk in Noumea and the other two were keeping a very low profile. Must admit they were much quieter when they reappeared!! Although sometimes you never know what is fact and what is fiction. I think there have been a few other occasions when we have heard that people have been "locked" up to sleep it off and then charged the cost for any damage caused.

Cheers,

Chaz:)

Also Julie, was the massage expensive?

When I was on the Sun in Sept I had a Frangipanni massage in the Hair Salon. It cost me $29 and went for 40 minutes. It included a scalp massage with heated frangipanni oil then a warm towel was wrapped around my head and she massaged my neck & shoulders with another heated oil. It was amazing.

My mum won a Japanese Silk facial at the spa in the special embarkation draw held at the spa at 5pm. You had to be there to win and they gave away three different treatments. Not sure if they have these every cruise or if it was a once off and we were just lucky. Hint: go up and check if they have them when you board. We still saw the bulk of the sailaway and didn't miss much and Mum won a $130 treatment!! Only took about 15 minutes. Also we got a discount when we booked our massages for the first appointment for the day. Worth a mention if you don't mind getting up early (they will give you a wake up call if you need it) and want to save a little.

Cheers,

Yes one time we wondered where a few of the "characters" (you know the ones who draw your attention all around the ship, in fact I'm sure some people would sometimes see my group as one of these characters) disappeared. Then we found out two of them had been locked up after throwing deck chairs overboard while drunk in Noumea and the other two were keeping a very low profile. Must admit they were much quieter when they reappeared!! Although sometimes you never know what is fact and what is fiction. I think there have been a few other occasions when we have heard that people have been "locked" up to sleep it off and then charged the cost for any damage caused.

Cheers,

Chaz,

As a character myself I'm worried by that comment... Is it a bad thing that by the 2nd day people who claim to have met you the night before stop you in the corridor and know you by name??

Dan

(Being a good character!)

I had the seaweed body treatment and then a head, foot and upper body massage, this for nearly 1 1/2 hours and it cost $175. I did bring home the Lotus Spa pricings brochure along with the hair/beauty salon price list so if anyone wants current prices let me know.

They did have a hot rock treatment and massages on special but they were scooped up pretty quick. I should have booked into the specials when I first boarded, I did speak to the Lotus Spa girls within an hour of boarding and there were plenty of vacancies then, by the next morning there were no spots available and only one left for the seaweed treatment. Live and learn!

I'm a massage/spa fan and some people might go :eek: at this amount to pay but I spend $90 here in Melb for a full body massage nearly every week, that's why I enjoy SE Asia so much as the massages are always so cheap.

Now the next cruise, we will probably book the 3 day-er cruise in Nov next year making it an annual event, I have other friends who are very interested in trying it out now. My husband went on the Oriana to Tonga and Fiji many moons ago and mentioned that he would like to try it the newer boats out so it should be a great trip. With taking the kids on board the jury is out on that one, I will be interested to read about Anissa's verdict in a few days time as she was taking the family on the Sun.

Chaz,

As a character myself I'm worried by that comment... Is it a bad thing that by the 2nd day people who claim to have met you the night before stop you in the corridor and know you by name??

Dan

(Being a good character!)

No I think it's great!! One of the best things about cruising is the people watching and interaction. I love the fact that you meet all different types of people and some of them you don't even have to talk to! Isn't it amazing however that you can be on a 10 night cruise and still get to the last morning and run into people you have never seen before!!!! I usually find myself thinking "were you on the same ship as me?" when I see some of these "new" faces.

I love the groups and the people that do things to attract attention. I still remember a group of young guys from our very first cruise we affectionately called "the Mad Arabs" because when they got on board they were all dressed like arabs (you know camel riders from the desert). They then continued to dress alike all cruise including the formal night when they were all smartly dressed with white bow ties & suspenders over black clothes. Wouldn't it be funny if one of those guys was actually on this site!!! Hi, it you are!! I have their photo in my album as they were kind enough to pose for us!

Each cruise there is always some group or person that you see all the time and you get to know by their interaction with cruise staff or other passengers. Sometimes it's good and sometimes it's bad but I enjoy the people watching none the less!

Like I said in my message I think people often see us as characters. I'd love to be a fly on the wall of their cabins after some of the things we have done & said! Like I have said previously on our last cruise we won quite a number of trivia comps and I am sure that people were commenting on this. In fact one of the teams changed our team name from Class Act to Ass Act on one of the swap your sheets comps. It was all good fun of course!! At least I hope it was!

Cheers,

I so wish it was March and we were preparing to sail on Pacific Star. quote]

Kym

I know how you feel.

You know you need to go on another cruise when you start saying bon appetito at dinner time and every time you change the toilet roll you fold the end into a nice neat triangle:rolleyes:.

Between now and April 2, time will go by really quick for our family.

Christmas, sons 6th birthday, New years eve, camping, sons 5th birthday, school holidays and getting my son ready to start kindy (All the boys will be at school next February:() That only leaves March (which we will be getting everything ready for our cruise then)

Will be interested to hear how you like the Pacific Star. My sister in law and I are thinking about going on the Scrapbook cruise. We like to scrapbook but it is also a good excuse to go on a cruise with the girls and to try another ship:D.

Kazza

Yes Kazza, with Christmas coming between now & our cruise it will certainly help the time pass by more quickly. Christmas will be here before we know it and I love preparing for it. We put up lots of lights & I put up 3 tress so that keeps me busy. My 2 boys also have birthdays between now & the cruise. My oldest will be 15 in Dec and my youngest 10 in Feb. The worst part for us will be the school holidays. Unfortunately my husband doesn't get any time off so we can't go away anywhere. We also like camping. I was hoping to go to Tamworth with friends for the country music festival (what a blast that is!) but thinking I should be saving the money for our cruise instead. I think I need to go & get a job so we have more spending money.

Karen

I so wish it was March and we were preparing to sail on Pacific Star. quote]

Kym

I know how you feel.

You know you need to go on another cruise when you start saying bon appetito at dinner time and every time you change the toilet roll you fold the end into a nice neat triangle:rolleyes:.

Christmas, sons 6th birthday, New years eve, camping, sons 5th birthday, school holidays and getting my son ready to start kindy (All the boys will be at school next February:() That only leaves March (which we will be getting everything ready for our cruise then)

Will be interested to hear how you like the Pacific Star. My sister in law and I are thinking about going on the Scrapbook cruise. We like to scrapbook but it is also a good excuse to go on a cruise with the girls and to try another ship:D.

Kazza

You also know to book another cruise when you sit at home holding up your cruise card and nobody comes to ask what drink you would like.

I had the seaweed body treatment and then a head, foot and upper body massage, this for nearly 1 1/2 hours and it cost $175. I did bring home the Lotus Spa pricings brochure along with the hair/beauty salon price list so if anyone wants current prices let me know.

They did have a hot rock treatment and massages on special but they were scooped up pretty quick. I should have booked into the specials when I first boarded, I did speak to the Lotus Spa girls within an hour of boarding and there were plenty of vacancies then, by the next morning there were no spots available and only one left for the seaweed treatment. Live and learn!

I'm a massage/spa fan and some people might go :eek: at this amount to pay but I spend $90 here in Melb for a full body massage nearly every week, that's why I enjoy SE Asia so much as the massages are always so cheap.

Now the next cruise, we will probably book the 3 day-er cruise in Nov next year making it an annual event, I have other friends who are very interested in trying it out now. My husband went on the Oriana to Tonga and Fiji many moons ago and mentioned that he would like to try it the newer boats out so it should be a great trip. With taking the kids on board the jury is out on that one, I will be interested to read about Anissa's verdict in a few days time as she was taking the family on the Sun.

I'm sooooooooo jealous......... I' ve never had a massage would you believe, so I have decided that next march when we're on our Asian cruise I am going to have one. (Gives me something else to look forward to!!!!)

Thanks for the info. Kerri.

Gee Kazza, we haven't quite got that far yet - but I guess it's coming about to about the length of time that we had between our Pacific Sky cruise and Paciific Sun cruise - so my mind is starting to think cruise.

My parents sending me photo's of Pacific Sky and Pacific Sun when they were together at Station Pier didn't help! Unfortuantely they couldn't get a shot of both of them at the same time - they would have had to have been out in the bay.

We only really have Christmas between now and the cruise - 4 days in Melbourne with my family, then the next time we see them will be in Brisbane before departing on the cruise. We haven't really got much else to distract us!

Kym

I know how you feel.

Kazza

Gee Kazza, we haven't quite got that far yet - but I guess it's coming about to about the length of time that we had between our Pacific Sky cruise and Paciific Sun cruise - so my mind is starting to think cruise.

My parents sending me photo's of Pacific Sky and Pacific Sun when they were together at Station Pier didn't help! Unfortuantely they couldn't get a shot of both of them at the same time - they would have had to have been out in the bay.

We only really have Christmas between now and the cruise - 4 days in Melbourne with my family, then the next time we see them will be in Brisbane before departing on the cruise. We haven't really got much else to distract us!

Kym

I've got a picture of the two together that I found on another site. Not a great pic but not bad. If I work out how to put it on here (I'm not very technologically minded) I will.

Karen

Sorry Wooey, I just saw your message here regarding the spa/beauty salon prices..

I have the drink prices list but upon unpacking my cabin pal packed the beauty salon/spa prices in her bag so will grab it off her when I see her tomorrow!

Archived