What's the water temp in Nassau?

silverpenguin

We are cruising next week and it will be our first winter cruise, so we really have no idea what to expect. I have always wanted to do the paddle board/snorkeling tour, but I'm afraid the water will be too cold. I know any time you do water sports, there is a risk of falling in :D

I know the air temp will be low 80's and sunny, so there should be plenty of other stuff to do if we decide against the paddle boarding.

Locals or recent cruisers, do you have any input on whether this would be a good idea?

Just got back and fretted about water temp for nothing. We did the kayak and snorkel trip to Peterson Cay from Freeport and the weather was great and the water was fine. I thought the water felt chilly when we were strolling at Junkanoo Beach in Nassau, but I had no problem with the kayak/snorkel trip. We used Calabash Eco Adventures and I'd give them two thumbs up!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just got back and fretted about water temp for nothing. We did the kayak and snorkel trip to Peterson Cay from Freeport and the weather was great and the water was fine. I thought the water felt chilly when we were strolling at Junkanoo Beach in Nassau, but I had no problem with the kayak/snorkel trip. We used Calabash Eco Adventures and I'd give them two thumbs up!

Thank you! A majority of people seem to automatically say how cold the water is and honestly scares everyone away from water sports. I appreciate your posting. My mother and I are going to the Bahamas this January and have never been/on a cruise. I have been worrying the whole time if the water is too cold for our vacation to finally experience and see the beautiful real water we've dreamt about. I feel better now!

Edited by FirstRodeo