Dunns River Falls and Bobsled review

Happy_Traveler_2008

My boyfriend and I were on the Allure of the Seas last week and took the RCL excursion for Dunns River Falls and Bobsled. We both loved it although the tour is a bit expensive. We gathered at the pier at 8:15 but didn't get to leave til about 8:50. It was a small van and our guide Salvia entertained us during the hour long ride to Mystic Mountain. We took the 15-20 minute Sky Ride up the mountain and admired the views along the way. There was a short wait for the bobsled. I was able to keep a bag around my feet. The ride is short, about 2 minutes long but it was great fun going down the mountain and taking the quick and sharp turns. At the end, the bobsled is automatically pulled back to the starting spot so I had a chance to do quick video then. Afterwards we had about 45 minutes of leisure time for eating and shopping. We took pictures by the infinity pool and admired the view of Ochos Rios in the distance. There was a bit of delay getting back to the van for some passengers since the Sky Train had a bit of an issue. We bought fruits from the local seller while waiting for them to show up.

It was then a quick 5 minute ride to Dunns River Falls. We changed into swimming gear and left everything behind. Some people had waterproof cameras with them. There is locker for rent at the falls if you want to bring some cash with you for the end of the trip to tip the guides or do some souvenir shopping within the park. Hang on to glasses along the way since they could be easily lost and would require the park staff to look for them in the water.

We followed the guide for about a hour or so up the falls. It was a very wet experience and a lot of fun but you have to be pretty agile to make the trip. The videographer took pictures and videos of the group and sold the DVD to us for $40 each. If you are in good shape, this is a good excursion to consider. We got back to the ship right before 3:30 pm so no more time to shop in the port.

• 1 month later...