Inside or not

soggy1975

On my first cruise, 4 of us (all early 20's at the time) shared an inside cabin. We used the cabin for sleeping and getting ready. It was honestly the best cruise I've ever been on. Since then I've had more insides, a suite and a balcony. Honestly, the inside is fine (for me at least). Sure, I do find myself spending more time in the cabin if I have a balcony, but even then, I spend most of my time on the upper outside decks. Inside cabins, like most cabins, are a lot smaller than your typical hotel room. As long as your expectations don't exceed reality, you'll have a great time.

I've cruised in insides, OVs, and balconies, two each, not counting a small ship with a porthole (!) and two Russian river cruises with windows.

In the insides (both with three adults), we made more use of the ship, finding favorite places for sitting, and for viewing. The balconies are nice as large windows, but a lot to pay for just that and we used them very rarely because either too hot/humid (Panama Canal+Mexican Riviera) or too cold (around the Horn in South America). Which has brought us to settle on Ocean Views -- due to the realization that my DH functions better with natural light.

I have heard of being able to see the horizon stabilizing the brain alleviating seasickness, and the opposite! The only queasiness I ever experienced was in one of the balcony rooms, and ginger drops were all I needed. OTOH, my DH has gotten sick in interiors and open decks! But not on a cruise ship in a very long time as the SHIP'S stabilizers have gotten better (and the size of the ships themselves helps in all but very rough seas).