Leftover booze from Fun Shops

Can'tWait2SetSail

If you buy a bottle from the Fun Shops for your cabin and you do not drink it all' date=' are you allowed to take the open bottle off the ship at the end of the cruise?[/quote']

Sure. It's only if we have to transport it great distances that we may or may not dispose of it. We usually bring two bottles on, and are not heavy drinkers, and bring them off at the end.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I'm be a bit hesitant to wander around an airport with a half empty bottle of Boodles jangling in my carry-on or getting tossed about by the baggage folks in my checked luggage, or stopped for some minor traffic stop and having the officer find it. Mais a chacun son gout.

Leave it in your cabin with a note to the cabin steward. Believe me, it will find a good home and they'll dispose the bottle for you too.

Well, I'm be a bit hesitant to wander around an airport with a half empty bottle of Boodles jangling in my carry-on or getting tossed about by the baggage folks in my checked luggage, or stopped for some minor traffic stop and having the officer find it. Mais a chacun son gout.

Leave it in your cabin with a note to the cabin steward. Believe me, it will find a good home and they'll dispose the bottle for you too.

This is what we do.

I've only asked twice, but both people told me they throw it away. They have no idea what's actually in the bottle.

I know I wouldn't drink from an opened bottle of anything left anywhere.

We are extending our vacation on land for a few days after the cruise, so this will not be a problem.

"Leftover booze"..."do not drink it all"????

Not understanding this concept

What I was thinking. You can't kill a bottle in a week? hell, even I am a lightweight drinker (in spite of my name) and I could polish off a whole bottle in a week on a cruise. But I don't cheap out and bring it or buy it. I let them do the mixing and serving. "Woo Hoo, waiter. Another Hurricane please."

What I was thinking. You can't kill a bottle in a week? hell, even I am a lightweight drinker (in spite of my name) and I could polish off a whole bottle in a week on a cruise. But I don't cheap out and bring it or buy it. I let them do the mixing and serving. "Woo Hoo, waiter. Another Hurricane please."

It is a 4 day cruise and we are also getting the drink package so I don't think we are "cheaping out". We like to have a bottle of booze in the room for drinks on the balcony, but thanks for your input.

Absolutely!!! I've done this a few times before they hiked the prices up. We'd buy a bottle of vodka and rum for the room, and when we weren't traveling with a large party, we'd have at least a quarter of each bottle left. We'd take it up to the Lido, and share it with those already indulging.

Take it home :eek: . You could but the seasoned cruiser would take it up to Lido on the last night and revive the olé farewell party ;)