Carnival Fantasy Babysitting Cruise out of Mobile

plane2port

We just got back from doing an exhausting cruise with our two grandsons who are five and two years old. I'll be putting the review on my blog, with one post for each day of the cruise. My first installment is

http://www.plane2port.com/carnival-fantasy-babysitting-cruise-review-day-one/

In this post I talk about driving to Mobile, finding cheap parking, visiting Battleship Park, and boarding the ship and attending the muster drill with two small children.

No we didn't try to hide it. We figured it was luck of the draw whether or not they confiscated it. We did notice a sign saying that any alcoholic beverages that were confiscated would have to be returned to private vehicles. We had figured that if they took it they would just return it at the end of the cruise. Maybe there is no more "naughty room?"

We always bring a 5 liter box in my suitcase. Always makes it to the cabin.

We love to drink the Sangria on the balcony.

No worries, Carnival makes PLENTY off of us on drinks. It's strictly for the room.;):D:D:D

Well I guess I'm going to give that a try. You know they don't sell the 5 liter boxes around my area. I could always get them when I lived them in NY, but here they only sell 3 liters.

Thanks for taking the time to blog about your cruise. I'm enjoying reading it, though my experience will be slightly different without any kiddos.

Thanks, and I'm glad you're enjoying it. I'm glad we took the kids, but our experience would have been totally different without them. For example, we would have have dinner every night in the main dining room, where the food is much better quality than the the buffet IMHO.

The port day in Progresso was just OK, although we did enjoy being in the authentic central Mercado.

I also rant a little about our cruise director, the childrens' TV programming, and what I call the "Milk Situation."

http://www.plane2port.com/carnival-fantasy-babysitting-cruise-review-day-four-progresso/

We had an easy disembarkation. We had a balance on our on board account, and this was refunded to a new Carnival gift card. I'm made lists about what I liked and didn't like about our cruise.

http://www.plane2port.com/carnival-fantasy-babysitting-cruise-disembarkation-review/

That's all folks! Thanks for reading and happy cruising!

We had an easy disembarkation. We had a balance on our on board account, and this was refunded to a new Carnival gift card. I'm made lists about what I liked and didn't like about our cruise.

http://www.plane2port.com/carnival-fantasy-babysitting-cruise-disembarkation-review/

That's all folks! Thanks for reading and happy cruising![/quote

We cruised on Fantasy in early December and very much enjoyed it. I loved Mikey the cruise director and his high/fun energy. Let me say I am a 62 yof. I am platinum on Carnival and Mikey is my favorite CD so far.

Pittypat

Edited by pittypat

We cruised on Fantasy in early December and very much enjoyed it. I loved Mikey the cruise director and his high/fun energy. Let me say I am a 62 yof. I am platinum on Carnival and Mikey is my favorite CD so far.

Pittypat

We were probably on the same cruise! I think that I might have been able to appreciate Mikey more if we weren't always hearing his voice at maximum volume.

I think we're in the minority in our perception of noise levels on the ship. You may have read my post about how we left one of the shows because it was just too loud. It didn't seem to bother anyone else in the audience and I guess if enough people complained they would turn the volume down.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi we leave Monday out of Mobile and I was really interested in he 5/day parking so you happen to have the address? I love only 30 min away from port so my options are having someone drop us off or paying 18$day😬I also will be taking my almost 3 year old I hope he loves camp!! TIA