Carib. Princess vs Navigator of the Seas

bickee

Hello. I just recently had a FABULOUS cruise on the Caribbean Princess. Looking to try RCI, one of the voyager class ships, most likely NOS. Can anyone who's tried both lines and classes of ships give me their comparison? I'd appreciate it! Thanks.

I've been on both. Hands down we enjoyed our cruise on the Navigator best. We thoroughly enjoyed the MUTS on the CP but the Navigator just has so much else to do. Food was better on the Navigator too. I'm not knocking the CP it's a beautiful ship and very clean. It's just that the Navigator was simply better. Even the crew seemed sincerely happy to be there. sometimes you take a cruise and the crew (you can tell) are faking it but not on the Navigator. I think you will really enjoy it.

I've been on both. Hands down we enjoyed our cruise on the Navigator best. We thoroughly enjoyed the MUTS on the CP but the Navigator just has so much else to do. Food was better on the Navigator too. I'm not knocking the CP it's a beautiful ship and very clean. It's just that the Navigator was simply better. Even the crew seemed sincerely happy to be there. sometimes you take a cruise and the crew (you can tell) are faking it but not on the Navigator. I think you will really enjoy it.

Ok, now I'm curious. What's *Muts*?

Movie under the stars. This used to be a Princess thing but now Carnival and Disney are adding them to some of their ships. I also have to agree about the crew on the Navigator. Without a doubt one of the most friendly crews of any ship that I have cruised.

I have sailed both as well.......Princess ships are traditionally elegant in looks while RCI ships have a WOW about them......the promenade is so very differant from the traditional atrium type centers.

We just returned from the Caribbean Princess and while we had a wonderfull time we found food choices to be reduced. It has been 2 yrs since I was on the Navigator and that ship as well had noticible cuts in food. I think that is most likely industry wide to improve bottom lines.

Princess has fresh water pools but I undestand RCI is switching their pools over to freshwater in the coming year.

Princess has personal choice and traditional dining which many people like.

Princess tends to offer 2-3 choices of entertainment each night which can be a problem if you like traditional dining. We found the entertainment seemed to favor the eraly sitting. We missed some things because we did not want to change our dining.

Sometimes too many choices can be a problem.

If you enjoyed your Princess ship you will be at least equally happy but probably you will enjoy the NOS more.

I like and will always consider Princess but I give the edge to RCI

Archived