Help me decide. . .

Looking at a third try for the Western Caribbean next year since the last two have fizzled out because of hurricanes. I was looking at the Crown and Anchor coupons and have two cruises in mind for the western. One is the Radiance, 6 night on 11/05/06 that is $847 for an E3 balcony on deck7. It stops in Key West, Cozumel, George Town and Montego Bay. The other is the Navigator, 7 night 9/22/06 that is also $847 for an E3 balcony. It stops at Labadee, Ocho Rios, George Town and Cozumel. Would like to hear which one would be the best. Is the Radiance really better in the places it stops and the ship itself to pay the same price for one less night? I have been on the Mariner 2 times and was leaning towards the Radiance for a change of ship type. Also for those who have been of Radiance class ships, do the balconies on deck 7 on the hump have obstructed views? Or should I pay a little more for a deck 8 hump? Thanks for all your comments.

If you are going strictly for the Western Caribbean itinerary, then I would recommend taking the Radiance. Why? Because while the Mariner itinerary sounds better to me, because the trip is in September which is prime hurricane time, you are less likely to see your original itinerary than on the November Radiance cruise. Yes, November is still hurricane season but less hurricanes form then than in September, and that is probably why the Radiance 6-night is priced higher than the 7-night Mariner. If you looked at a Mariner cruise the same week as your Radiance cruise, it would probably be higher. If you really want to ensure that you do a Western Caribbean itinerary, I would wait until after hurricane season is over to cruise, say December through early Spring.

We were on the Navigataor last Nov and it was by far our most favorite cruise on our most favorite ship. Just about everything was perfect! We did the Eastern Caribbean. We came back all smiles and giggles. The ship is amazing and the crew is super friendly.

Have fun either way.

Archived