Any need for luggage tags?

A&Jfamily

We are flying in morning of (with nothing but carry-on luggage) to Melbourne and have a car hired to take us to Port Canaveral. I am hoping we will be at the port by noon. This is our first platinum cruise, so I am guessing that by the time we do check in, we will walk on. We would like to carry on our luggage (gives us more flexibility in packing items we don't want to part with like meds, electronics etc that I would never check). In the past, we have always tagged our luggage and dropped them with the porters, and then lugged backpacks with the non-checked items. But since our room will be ready, is there any reason to print the luggage tags and attach them? Or will we simply walk on with our bags?

No need for luggage tags if you are carrying on everything you have, but why do that. That is the nice thing about Platinum. Your luggage may just beat you to the room if you drop them with the porters.

We always drop them with the porters and it is so much easier them lugging them through security, check-in and up the gangway to the ship.

It will still take you a little time through security and check-in. In that time, your bags get the priority sticker to help them get expedited to the ship. Not saying always the case, but it has happened for us before.

We still carry on a small bag with swimsuits and essentials in case we get there first, but makes the boarding process so much easier.

We are flying in morning of (with nothing but carry-on luggage) to Melbourne and have a car hired to take us to Port Canaveral. I am hoping we will be at the port by noon. This is our first platinum cruise, so I am guessing that by the time we do check in, we will walk on. We would like to carry on our luggage (gives us more flexibility in packing items we don't want to part with like meds, electronics etc that I would never check). In the past, we have always tagged our luggage and dropped them with the porters, and then lugged backpacks with the non-checked items. But since our room will be ready, is there any reason to print the luggage tags and attach them? Or will we simply walk on with our bags?

Remember that your luggage has to fit through the xray scanners.

We are taking a short cruise with FTTF, so we're not planning to check anything, either. I'm still putting luggage tags on our bags (one each), just in case we lose track of them. I'm also putting ID on the inside of the bag so we can prove they are ours should we need to retrieve them from the lost and found.

Is it needed....no. Do we have them....yes. We keep them on all of our bags as an insurance policy in case we get inadvertently separated from them. We definitely put them on our ported bags. We laminate and staple our paper tags to our luggage, but the plastic luggage tags with our information on them could prove valuable if one of the tags gets accidentally ripped away.