Best time to book? -Interline-

banzaitrey

I am currently looking to book a cruise Jan. 30 out of NOLA... I work for FedEx, so we receive the interline discount, however currently the interline price is the same as the standard rate. A month or so ago, the interline rate was down to $219 and now the price is $259.

It looks like the ship has plenty of rooms left, should I feel comfortable waiting it out? Also, any predictions on deals around Christmas?

Thanks

I have found the interline rates to be hit or miss. Sometimes there is no price difference. Sometimes the price difference is just a few dollars. Sometimes the savings are in the hundreds.

I think each individual cruise line sets the interline rates and sometimes there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to how they determine the interline rate. We were looking at sailing on Fantasy next week out of Mobile for a quick getaway and the interline price is only $10 difference. However, last year we booked a cove balcony on the Dream about 10 days prior to sailing for $225 per person.

So you never really know and you just have to keep checking.

Good luck!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Forums mobile app

If you are still monitoring this thread, take a look at the interline rates now.

If you aren't married to Carnival, there are some great interline deals on Royal in the middle of January. Balconies for $150 and suites for $250.

Hi, I'm not seeing those rates on the sites that I frequent. Would you mind pointing me in the right direction ;). Thanks!

If you're an airline employee, go to your company interline site or one of the mass interline sites that have to verify airline employment before they give you the rates. Perx.com is a good start.

Royal's Independence of the Seas on January 9th and 14th are quite cheap for interline rates right now.

Edited by stobe1

If you're an airline employee, go to your company interline site or one of the mass interline sites that have to verify airline employment before they give you the rates. Perx.com is a good start.

Royal's Independence of the Seas on January 9th and 14th are quite cheap for interline rates right now.

I have booked an interline rate before using the agency that has the "90-day-ticker." We took a 7-night med cruise for a base rate of about $380. I was not seeing those rates you quoted because they did not appear on the 90-day ticker.

But when I put in Independence on those dates I saw what you were talking about. I like the site I used, but must remember to have a broader search area next time I look.

Anyway, thanks for the heads up. I learned something today.

Interline rates increase and decrease dynamically just like the regular rates. There's not just 1 interline rate that sits frozen and never changes. So if Early Saver, Military, Past Guest, Resident or whatever increase say by 5% as a ship fulls up so do the interline rates.

The way I see the Per Person Interline rates vs the current Autumn Chill Promotion rates for the lowest category:

Interior: Autumn Chill $299 Interline: $269

Ocean View: Autumn Chill $329 Interline: $299

Balcony: Pack and Go Guarantee: $434 Interline Guarantee $399

Junior Suite: Autumn Chill: $629 Interline $569

Book direct with Carnival and there's no $25 booking fees like from Dargal or Perx.

The ship may have plenty of rooms left but it also has 42 days to go before sailing.

If there are 150 open cabins and 40 days to go, 3 to 4 cabin bookings a day sell out the ship. Very easy for Carnival to do.

We booked the Early Saver with Price Protection in August for our cruise next month. The Carnival rep told me that it covered interline rates as well. So when I was ready to pay the full deposit (Early Saver was half off deposit) I called and switched it to interline. I could have then switched to the best rate as I wanted but the rate was never lower so there was no need.

I always go through my Carnival PVP when I book interline. I don't use dargal or Perx. I call her and tell her i want the interline rate. She has me fax over an employee ID

It's definitely the best way to book Carnival interline.

Dargal and Perx are best utilized for hotels and resorts.

I almost always book the interline rate. And I see several of you have suggested perx and dargal. However i find their prices are not always the most up to date and accurate. My preferred website recently went out of business. And currently I use interlinerates.com. I use the site to search for cruises, but I book directly with my PVP. Hope this info helps!

-Tony@PVD

Edited by breakinghbts