Rental Car Company with shuttle

We are a family of 5. I was hoping to rent a car when our ship arrives back to Port Everglades. Which companies offer free shuttle service to their location? (I am considering a car at Alamo for 45.26$+tax)

The only location in Ft Lauderdale for Alamo to pick up or return is FLL.

Alamo, Enterprise and National from FLL

Budget - 17th Street across the parking lot from the Renaissance

Enterprise - Hilton Marina on 17th Street

Avis - Hyatt Pier 66 on 17th Street

Thrifty and Dollar - Miami Road

Hertz- Crowne Plaza Hotel at SR 84 and Federal Highway.

The only location in Ft Lauderdale for Alamo to pick up or return is FLL.

Alamo, Enterprise and National from FLL

Budget - 17th Street across the parking lot from the Renaissance

Enterprise - Hilton Marina on 17th Street

Avis - Hyatt Pier 66 on 17th Street

Thrifty and Dollar - Miami Road

Hertz- Crowne Plaza Hotel at SR 84 and Federal Highway.

So if I understand correctly, if I book at this location: Ft Lauderdale Intl Arpt Fort Lauderdale FL 33315, I will get a free shuttle from the cruise port to the store? But all the others you listed would also provide a shuttle if I book with them, correct?

So if I understand correctly, if I book at this location: Ft Lauderdale Intl Arpt Fort Lauderdale FL 33315, I will get a free shuttle from the cruise port to the store? But all the others you listed would also provide a shuttle if I book with them, correct?

You can book and pickup anywhere you want and return where you want. In your case I would book a location near the port, catch the shuttle there and then return the car to the airport before you board your flight home.

There is no one single "store." Except for Alamo, all rental car companies have multiple locations at the airport, hotels and throughout Broward County.

We just returned to Port Everglades on the Caribbean Princess. Rented a car from National and used the free shuttle to the airport. Shuttles are run by the City/airport and the bus will pick you up in front of the Pier where you come out of the building once you clear Customs. These buses will have a lighted sign high above the windshield showing National/Alamo car rental. Make sure you have a copy of your car rental reservation with you. The driver will check before you board to make sure you have a reservation. Keeps folks without a reservation filling up the bus and getting a free ride to the airport.

It is a very hectic time at the Pier, controlled chaos. Passengers lining up to get into the passenger center, passengers mingling about waiting to be picked up. Have patience.

I am an Emerald Club member (free) and really liked the Emerald Aisle pick up. You get to by pass the rental counter, go directly to the garage and pick out your car. We booked a mid-size car and were able to choose any vehicle in the Executive line, same price. Picked out a Chevy Equinox (SUV) which had plenty of room for the four of us and a LARGE amount of luggage. All you have to do is show your drivers license at the guard gate, wait two minutes and they give you your rental papers.

Returning the car is just as easy. Airport signs are marked very well. Slow down and follow the left turn into the garage. If you don't want to pay $3+ dollars per gallon to have National fill the gas tank, get gas well before you get close to the airport. Not many gas stations to use near by. Price for the day was under $50 with taxes and fees. Shuttle bus will take you to your airline terminal.