Need pictures of aft balcony ceiling

stlrich123

I'm thinking of trying to hang a hammock or hammock chair and want to see what's there to attach to. So if anyone has pictures of the ceiling of an aft balcony please post them. I will be in cabin 12310 on a TA and thought a hammock would be nice instead of the chairs.

Thanks for at least reading this!!!!

Rich

I'm thinking of trying to hang a hammock or hammock chair and want to see what's there to attach to. So if anyone has pictures of the ceiling of an aft balcony please post them. I will be in cabin 12310 on a TA and thought a hammock would be nice instead of the chairs.

Thanks for at least reading this!!!!

Rich

Your TA needs to find a new line of work if they are recommending that you climb up and try to bolt something to a ship.

I hope you're kidding. [emoji15]Lord help you and the people in cabin above you when the ceiling gives way and they come crashing into your cabin....[emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Found you an Epic stern photo that is "clickable" to make it larger in a Blog post regarding Aft Stateroom Balconies-Norwegian Epic done by travelonlywithjody.

https://travelonlywithjodi.wordpress.com/2014/02/15/aft-stateroom-balconys-norwegian-epic/

12310 balcony is left outside edge as you are facing the stern of the ship. We were two decks below your stateroom in 10318. There was more than enough room for a lounger, two chairs and the tiny table provided. You could probably tie one end of a hammock to one of the support posts above the divider between you and the balcony next to you (12312). However I think the other side wall of the balcony goes all the way to the ceiling.

You aren't the first person who had this idea. There are youtube videos showing hammocks on balconies. One is linked in post above and here is one done for a side balcony on the NCL Star.

Don't forget to check out the "secret stairs" next to your stateroom for a port side view.

Edited by kjquilts

I hope you're kidding. [emoji15]Lord help you and the people in cabin above you when the ceiling gives way and they come crashing into your cabin....[emoji6]

I'm pretty sure OP wants to attach it to the balcony structure, not the ceiling inside the cabin. Holy crap.

352m1cp.jpg

Edited by triptolemus

Thanks that gives me more option, But I would still like to see what the ceiling looks like.

This is the stairs right next door and I noticed the ceiling with the large I-beams with holes in them. I was wondering if it was the same for the aft balconies.

9c7090e4-17c1-473e-bf22-d7da073c6baf_zpsb145f8fb.jpg

Thanks that gives me more option, But I would still like to see what the ceiling looks like.

This is the stairs right next door and I noticed the ceiling with the large I-beams with holes in them. I was wondering if it was the same for the aft balconies.

The video linked above would probably be the best method - and the safest. You don't want the hammocks too high, and under no circumstances do you want your feet to leave the deck when hanging them. In other words, don't stand on a chair on the balcony in order to reach a higher point. I hate to state the obvious, but...

That video shows how it can be done with a reasonable degree of safety.

Edit: This video:

In the other video, the woman mentioned that she climbed on a chair to complete the task. Obviously, that should never happen.

Edited by triptolemus