How to redeem Carnival gift cards

NavyCruiser

If you booked directly with Carnival, when you go to make a payment, look for the link that says "use a gift card." Or you can call and have the card applied.

If you are booked through a travel agent, then you have to call your agent and they will apply the cards to your balance.

To use for your expenses onboard, you can either have them applied at the terminal if they allow it. Just ask. Or go to guest services or one of the onboard kiosks machines.

Edited by cruizinisthebest

Once your cruise is paid off, I think you have to apply any balance onboard. I once had a $500 Gift card that I used to pay the balance ($426) over the phone with Carnival and the balance could not go to my account till I got onboard. Was easy then, just took it guest services and had them apply it.

Or as stated above, go to the kiosk across from Guest Services and follow the promts on the screen to apply to your account.

FYI, when you apply a Gift Card to your onboard account, it won't show up on the TV screen in your room. Get a receipt when applying it and save until you get your final bill last night of the cruise. I have never had one not show up on the final bill, but sure scares you all week long, and who needs that.

Once your cruise is paid off, I think you have to apply any balance onboard. I once had a $500 Gift card that I used to pay the balance ($426) over the phone with Carnival and the balance could not go to my account till I got onboard. Was easy then, just took it guest services and had them apply it.

Or as stated above, go to the kiosk across from Guest Services and follow the promts on the screen to apply to your account.

FYI, when you apply a Gift Card to your onboard account, it won't show up on the TV screen in your room. Get a receipt when applying it and save until you get your final bill last night of the cruise. I have never had one not show up on the final bill, but sure scares you all week long, and who needs that.

I don't recall if it ever showed up on the TV or not, but it does on the Hub App as well as at the kiosks.

• Like 1

We have Five $100 Carnival gift cards ($500 total).

Used $150 to reserve shore excursions.

So how do we apply the rest $350 onto our booked cruise account online?

or do we have to keep the cards to be presented/applied once onboard?

Thanks,

If you are asking how to apply the gift cards to your Sail and Sign onboard account, you can go to Guest Services onboard and do that. You cannot do that prior to your cruise.

I've never been able to get the kiosks onboard to take the gift cards. They simply won't work there. I've always had to take the gift cards to Guest Services to be applied to my Sail and Sign account.

If you have not yet made final payment on your booked cruise, you can use the gift cards to pay online toward your outstanding balance. Simply choose the gift card option as your payment method online.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the tip about keeping your receipt just in case.