Booking retreat Cabana On board Eurodam

CoffeHound

Hi Everyone,

We have just booked our very first Holland America cruise on the Eurodam and are really excited to see what she has to offer.

I called ship services to ask about booking a retreat cabana, but they said since this is a short cruise (4 days) we have to book once on board. The rep said we should go to the front desk to do this, but I just wanted to make sure that is right? On Princess you go up to the sanctuary to do the booking and it is very popular so if you aren't in the right place at the right time, you miss out!

Has anyone ever booked once on board? Is it the front desk or the retreat?

Thanks!

Hi Everyone,

We have just booked our very first Holland America cruise on the Eurodam and are really excited to see what she has to offer.

I called ship services to ask about booking a retreat cabana, but they said since this is a short cruise (4 days) we have to book once on board. The rep said we should go to the front desk to do this, but I just wanted to make sure that is right? On Princess you go up to the sanctuary to do the booking and it is very popular so if you aren't in the right place at the right time, you miss out!

Has anyone ever booked once on board? Is it the front desk or the retreat?

Thanks!

Front Desk can help you. As soon as I boarded the Nieuw Amsterdam on a port intensive Mediterranean cruise back in 2011, I went straight to the Front Desk to book the two sea days that we wanted to have a Retreat Cabana and we were successful. Now we book one for the entire cruise on Caribbean itineraries as we really enjoy them.

Thank you both! We really want to try one, so I don't want to miss the opportunity because I am standing in the wrong line:)

Even if you pre book a cabana, they tell you to go to the front desk for your assignment. The advice to go to the front desk sounds solid. I hope you get a chance to experience the cabanas.

Thank you both! We really want to try one, so I don't want to miss the opportunity because I am standing in the wrong line:)

You're welcome. If you go directly to the Front Desk after boarding, they should have the Retreat Cabana diagram and will be able to tell you which ones are still available.

While I've heard that you can also book through the Food & Beverage Manager, he is difficult to track down on embarkation days as he is extremely busy.