VRC customer service positive experience

LOP

Just returned from our 1st river cruise on the Viking Tor (substituted for Var that was delayed due to river blockage) December 1st German Christmas Markets on the Mein river.

Booked the explorer suite and really enjoyed the room and the SERVICE of the entire crew. We were expecting an amenity with our suite that was published on the viking website only to learn it was not included...enjoyed the cruise regardless.

Contacted VRC customer service upon our return December 12th to discuss the matter and they called me the next day to admit their online error and immediately recitifed the situation.

I was astounded and pleased with the outcome to say the least after reading mixed reviews on CC about VRC customer service.

Thank you Viking!:D

Viking Tor was our first cruise 13 months ago. We had a wonderful time and I'm glad you did too. I'm not surprised Viking settled your issue to your satisfaction. We now have three Viking cruises under our belt and three more on the books and it is because we are confident of both the on board experience and the guest services before and after the cruise.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Forums mobile app

LOP - good to hear you had a positive outcome for your problem. We too had an overall positive experience on our first river cruise with Viking. The ship and the crew and the food was very good. My only complaint might come from the dinner seating. It seemed to be a mad scramble to get to find a table to dine with your friends or family. Perhaps Viking could establish a system where folks could reserve tables for those who would like to dine together and leave the rest to open seating. We WERE deprived of that privilege because of people rushing to get seated for dinner. Not good! Not pleasant.

LOP - good to hear you had a positive outcome for your problem. We too had an overall positive experience on our first river cruise with Viking. The ship and the crew and the food was very good. My only complaint might come from the dinner seating. It seemed to be a mad scramble to get to find a table to dine with your friends or family. Perhaps Viking could establish a system where folks could reserve tables for those who would like to dine together and leave the rest to open seating. We WERE deprived of that privilege because of people rushing to get seated for dinner. Not good! Not pleasant.

Going on our third Viking Cruise in a few days. I agree about dinner. We have had nothing but positive experiences overall.

we were a group of 10...always sent a "designated" table person to leave the port talk and took the least desirable table way in the back......the table was for 12......we left 2 seats in the middle open for anyone that needed a seat......so that they would not feel that they were "stuck" at the end of the table and not included in the conversations.........a few couples actually joined us for an additional dinner! Viking would not let us "reserve the table" but the solution worked perfectly!