Blankets

teachtocruis

Hi all, we are headed to Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan, Puerto Vallarta, and Mananillo in a week. YAY us! We are hoping to buy a couple blankets while there. In which port would you recommend as best and cheapest for a blanket? I know there's a Walmart right where the ship docks in PV. Would that be a good option. I know those would t be very authentic, we are ok with that. Wondering on prices too.

Thanks,

Kayla

All those ports have them.

Haven't bought them in years. 10 years ago we paid $6 each.

Cabo has lots of vendors around the marina.

PV has a flea market at port. Easy to take back to the ship so you're not carrying them around all day.

As Sadie said, all ports sell them. Prices range from about $5 up to several hundred dollars. Not sure where the cheap ones are made (China?) but there's a few kiosks on the river in PV that have hand woven blankets (or so they say). ~~$15 should get you a nice blanket, especially if you buy more than one. The cheap blankets are loose weave while the nicer ones use smaller yarn and a tight weave. Pick them up, you'll see the difference.

Too many sizes, designs and weaves/textures to explain. But everyone sells them so it's pretty competitive. I've always though Mazatlan had the best prices, but there's a big shop next to Senior Frogs in Cabo that has everything marked with a price, no dickering skills required. Keep in mind, they are bulky.

Where do you teach in Central Cal?

Edited by pulledporky
added more