Ride to LFK?

Rln12280

How is the ride to LFK? I only ask because I have neck fusion Nov 29, doctor cleared me to go on cruise but told me to be careful on transportation on island. So with that being said was the road bumpy? Should I go or stay? Also how long of a ride is it?

What ship are you on. It's a longer ride from Coxen Hole that Mahogany Bay. But there can be pot holes in the road, it's the main and only through road on the south side of the island. Watchdiva who answered you query on the Costa Maya board used to live there and would know the conditions, especially after the turnoff from the main road to LFK. And her advise on that board would probably be applicable to Roatan as well. If you are docking in Mahogany Bay, it's an easy walk to the beach. Not the best beach in Roatan, but a full fledged beach and you won't have to worry about taxi rides. In Coxen Hole, There's, unfortunately not that option.

I don't remember a rough road from Mohogany Bay. It is a very short taxi ride to the dock where you take a small pontoon like boat over to the island. Not rough at all and maybe a 5 minute ride over. You will need to walk out of the port area and up some stairs and down a hill to get out to the car/ taxi that LFK will have waiting for you. They are not allowed inside the port area to get you. When they bring you back they CAN take you back to the port. You won't have to climb that hill. Boy was I glad of that! lol

We were in Roatan last week and there are lots of potholes on the road from Mahogany Bay to where you catch the boats to LFK. The roughness of the ride will depend on the type of vehicle you are in and the ability of the driver to dodge the holes. Our driver had a very small car and it was rough at times. A van and more careful driver may be fine.

Sent from my LGL31L using Forums mobile app