Carnival Magic or Vista?

caribbeanboy

As Texans, we've sailed on the Magic four times. We found the ship to be clean, well laid-out, and staff to be amazing. We enjoyed the cove balconies, as well as spa balconies. Lines on Lido could be long, and there was an odd milky-smell on occasion, but the boat felt open and large.

We also sailed on the 11-day repositioning of the Vista from New York to Miami. The Vista is also clean and possesses very friendly staff, but we found the layout of the ship to be less than stellar. Vista is well decorated, and sometimes you don't feel like you're on a floating mega ship, but when do notice, you really notice. We found our room (a suite on deck 7) to be very warm in the evenings (despite calling for service,) the liquid lounge to be poorly designed for production shows, and lines for almost everything (with the exception of the IMAX shows.) One afternoon a "guess that 80's song" trivia game and a Bingo were scheduled back-to-back in the Ocean Plaza. The space could not contain all the guest and groups spilled into Java Blue, the Taste Bar, and the floor (no seating to be found.) I was a bit disappointed. The steakhouse and chef's table have also been booked for out for a while from what I understand as well.

Grand Cayman is lovely--check out Seven Mile beach. We're also big fans of Anthony's Key on Roatan. Cozumel is excellent for shopping though the new La Casa en La Playa excursion was wonderful--drinks snorkeling, tasty food, clean sand! The Belize Zoo is nice too, a hidden gem actually.

(I think I'm biased here towards the Magic--either way it'll be great!)

Good Luck with Planning,

Blu