NYC Hotel 3 nights precruise suggestions Jan

uphotdog

We are cruising out of Port Liberty January 26 and are arriving in Newark on Jan 23 and need a hotel for site seeing in NYC. The number of places are mind boggling. Any suggestions for a decent reasonably priced hotel for my wife and I would be appreciated.

We are cruising out of Port Liberty January 26 and are arriving in Newark on Jan 23 and need a hotel for site seeing in NYC. The number of places are mind boggling. Any suggestions for a decent reasonably priced hotel for my wife and I would be appreciated.

What is your hotel budget? What are your sightseeing plans? Do you want to be in Times Square?

Have you booked a car service to Cape Liberty? Taxis to NJ are not recommended.

Edited by 138east

Check out the Fairfield Inn -Penn Station (free hot breakfast). It is right across an intersection from Penn Station. Lots of restaurants in the area.... Nile and Lugo's are both really good and close by.

You can catch a subway to anywhere in Manhattan from Penn Station. You can also get to the port by train but I don't recommend it with cruise luggage. For that, I recommend a driver named Roberto Guano. He drives a spotlessly clean Toyota minivan and his prices are reasonable....a little more than a cab, but less than a black car. You can call or text him at 929-335-8603. (Tell him Joyce sent you.)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by J & G

Last minute travel has lots of offerings for your dates at extremely reasonable prices. You are very lucky to be doing this in the dead of January. The La Quinta midtown is on their list. This hotel is located at Herald Square near Macy's with excellent subway access to all points in Manhattan as well as accessible PATH should you want to take public transit/local cab to Cape Liberty. One of our regular NY posters really likes this hotel and stays there regularly.