The Weather Outside is Frightful....

MeghanJ

But the the thought of my Christmas 2016 cruise is delightful!! Seriously, it is currently -11 F where I am in Minnesota, and by 8 am the forecast is calling for -30 F. This is not windchill...this is actual temperature. We are set to fly to Miami on December 23, and the forecast is calling for 80 degrees and sunny in Miami.... To say we are looking forward to the heat in Miami and the islands we are traveling to in the Caribbean, well that my dear, would be an understatement. My only concern is, after our stop in Amber Cove, the forecast has lots of rain for Puerto Rico, Grand Turk and St. Thomas! Praying the rain is intermittent or does not come to fruition!! Whatever happens weather wise, we plan to enjoy the the Carnival Glory and super excited to see how they decorate the ship at Christmastime. Have any of you cruised at Christmastime and do you have anything to tell me that I may not be aware of? :)

But the the thought of my Christmas 2016 cruise is delightful!! Seriously, it is currently -11 F where I am in Minnesota, and by 8 am the forecast is calling for -30 F. This is not windchill...this is actual temperature. We are set to fly to Miami on December 23, and the forecast is calling for 80 degrees and sunny in Miami.... To say we are looking forward to the heat in Miami and the islands we are traveling to in the Caribbean, well that my dear, would be an understatement. My only concern is, after our stop in Amber Cove, the forecast has lots of rain for Puerto Rico, Grand Turk and St. Thomas! Praying the rain is intermittent or does not come to fruition!! Whatever happens weather wise, we plan to enjoy the the Carnival Glory and super excited to see how they decorate the ship at Christmastime. Have any of you cruised at Christmastime and do you have anything to tell me that I may not be aware of? :)

The tropical weather in the Caribbean is an early Christmas gift for you. Happy sailing!

Edited by easyboy

We were on the Glory on the Thanksgiving cruise and the decorations were up. The lobby looks nice - big decorated tree and garland all around. Wasn't over the top decorated though.

Enjoy the warm weather - we're -14 below tomorrow night without the wind chill in Chicago

We don't usually get that cold here in Kansas, but -11 (right now) is way too cold. Like someone else said: can we come with you? Enjoy your cruise. Anything above 35 degrees, whether it be rain, wind or clouds would be wonderful compared to what we have right now.

We were on the Glory from Dec 3 to 10. The atrium was all decorated and there was a huge tree. They "light" the tree each cruise. One night there was caroling, Santa showed up and all the kids got to sit in his lap and there was an ugly sweater contest. They also made it snow. If you plan to attend any of these events make sure you get to the atrium early, it was absolutely packed. My daughter and I had twin ugly sweaters. We didn't win but we did get miniature ugly sweaters as a prize. It was a lot of fun. Enjoy your cruise and even if it rains it will still be warm. I'll be back on Glory at the end of January.

Go figure, I live in CT, where we got 6" of snow yesterday, and below freezing temps on Friday. Today is 55 degrees........:D:D Gotta love New England weather.:rolleyes:

All of those cruising today and in the coming days/weeks, ENJOY!!!!!:D:D

I've got 6 more months.........

I sailed on the Conquest last December (has it been a year already!?). The ship had a 20 feet tall Christmas tree in the atrium, and there was a tree lighting ceremony every night. Each night they had either choir or band playing Christmas music, and on a couple nights Santa would appear along with snow flakes or balloons.