Jade Cavern Club Location?

megacruiser

You are unlikely to find anything like deck plans at the moment. These things are usually not published until around the time it is complete.

There is another thread on here with speculation about the changes which will happen, including one that suggests that even the senior officers onboard are only vaguely aware of what will happen (or are not letting on if they do).

Just giving it some quick thought, I can thing of where could easily be turned into a Cavern venue, but I'm probably forgetting somewhere obvious.

Edited by KeithJenner

Based on several reliable reports and informal Q&A on board that sadly ended today I think the full remodel bill was a bit too high so we will have a refurbish but not a rebuild. She is a great ship- no harm no foul.

In many companies there is a very firm "all press releases come from headquarters" rule - I think we are seeing this in play here - I don't blame the on board team for this at all

For me the only thing better than three weeks aboard the Jade is four weeks :)

You are unlikely to find anything like deck plans at the moment. These things are usually not published until around the time it is complete.

There is another thread on here with speculation about the changes which will happen, including one that suggests that even the senior officers onboard are only vaguely aware of what will happen (or are not letting on if they do).

Just giving it some quick thought, I can thing of where could easily be turned into a Cavern venue, but I'm probably forgetting somewhere obvious.

Thanks Keith for your response. I will be on the cruise before your one and so hope that the original intentions regarding the refurbishment come to fruition.

I saw this article which was published two months ago. I have extracted some of the key points...

http://www.express.co.uk/travel/cruise/713410/Norwegian-Jades-multi-million-pound-upgrade-debut-Southampton-2017

Christian Boell the cruise line’s Managing Director Europe said "The upgrade will include replacing the predominantly purple, gold and red furniture and carpets and changing the dark veneer panelling for lighter versions. All Norwegian Jade’s cabins will be updated, including The Haven suites with its private courtyard and facilities. It is not just putting a new colour on everything, it is all new furniture and carpets; it is getting all the American-Hawaii stuff out. Whole areas of the ship will be reconfigured; for instance The Cavern Club, a live music bar based on Liverpool’s famous venue and first installed in Norwegian Epic last year, will also be added to Norwegian Jade .We are not going into a shipyard for a week and repainting a little bit, we are really changing everything..."

If the plans for a major refurbishment have been scaled back I would have expected some additional itineraries to be released, but there still seems to be a gap of more than 3 weeks. They will certainly be doing a lot more than "carpet and paint" if it is going to be out of service for that long...

Medusa Lounge (+ the ex-karaoke/"whatever" rooms).

Good thinking. This is also consistent with what I heard on board in a Yoda like conversation I had. I was telling one of the officers last week that we had this transatlantic booked and I was worried bad things would happen in the drydock to two favorite activities on the Jade. He asked what those were- I said dancing in Medusa and having fish and chips in Blue Lagoon. The officer thought a minute and said I was going to be fine.