July 2005 "OFFICIAL" CC Group To Alaska!!

Host Caroline

Lynda, yes the initials KK is it. I wanted to make sure we got a decently located AC mini-suite. They are all open on the balconies but I figure that if the sun is out (God are you listening?) it will warm up the balcony even if the weather is cold. A covered balcony would be colder as you are in the shade. Of course if it rains then all bets are off. Figure we will just go to a covered spot on the ship or make use of our umbrellas if the worst happens. I wanted to be by the aft elevators but not too close so that we wouldn't hear people in the hall. KK originally put us in D705 but I moved down one to D707 since it was a little bit further down the hall and since it is still early we have our pick. Unfortunately the last AC mini with the extended balcony is not classified for three people so we couldn't get that one. Darn.

Hopefully we will get a roll call going for the Diamond, Aug 6th cruise soon and manage to meet other CC members. It's so nice to know other people on board before you even get to the ship, and it's fun to plan excursions, get togethers, etc with others.

Jackie

Jackie,

[size=3][color=red][b]My thinking was the same as yours; I wanted to get a decent cabin and I was afraid they would all be gone if I waited too long. We were actually on this cruise in May on the Diamond. The weather was incredibley (sp?) beautiful. It was in the hi 60's to lo 70's with no rain. However, we were in the far aft and we had a couple of nights of very, very rough seas. Of course the fact that we were visited by the upgrade fairy to a premium suite made all the difference in the world and I wouldn't have given that up. Luckily, I don't get sea sick, but it was awful. Could not stand up in the room on one night and didn't think I'd stay on the bed. Many, many people were terribly sick. So, this trip we are a little more towards mid ship in D235. KK's prices were so much lower than any other that I looked at. I got about 10 quotes from all the usual sources. Now at least we have something to look forward to.[/b][/color][/size]
[size=3][color=red][/color][/size]
[size=3][color=red][b]I really wonder what happened with Caroline. It's been long enough to have heard something.[/b][/color][/size]

[quote name='lyndabaker']Jackie,

[size=3][color=red][b]My thinking was the same as yours; I wanted to get a decent cabin and I was afraid they would all be gone if I waited too long. night and didn't think I'd stay on the bed. Many, many people were terribly sick. So, this trip we are a little more towards mid ship in D235. KK's prices were so much lower than any other that I looked at. I got about 10 quotes from all the usual sources. Now at least we have something to look forward to.[/b][/color][/size]

[size=3][color=red][b]I really wonder what happened with Caroline. It's been long enough to have heard something.[/b][/color][/size][/QUOTE]Sorry, guys.. I have been waiting, hoping to have something to post.. You guys have been incredibly patient and I hope you understand that I can't do a thing until I get the official "okay".... I have emailed the boss several times but with the board change over, she's been swamped.. My hands are completely tied on this.. I'm hoping some of you will wait! I can tell you that rates for July were sky high and that it looks like we will be going with a June 4 sailing.... it was a difficult decision but the information I did get was about 600pp more for July 23 over June 4. I will keep being as pesky as I can without getting in trouble... I promise:p [b]really really really[/b]

[quote name='debcruising2004']June sounds just as good as July....we know you're trying...I'll keep checking in.:) :) :)[/QUOTE]
Me too, me too!!! and you know less $$ on the price means more money for tours and shopping... I've got some great things in the works (optional of course) for those in the group who want to do some independent but preplanned tours!! I have you on my email list..

For those who have not been in early June it's loverly then, ports a little less crowded as it's not major, major tour season yet and lots of waterfalls along channels as springs ice still melts. ..

[b][size=3][color=purple]Thanks Caroline, for the update! I think June 4th is good, too. I think we'd still be interested! :) [/color][/size][/b]

[b][size=3][color=#800080]I'm also hoping the tours you plan will be a bit more reasonable! I understand they can be quite expensive in Alaska. :eek: :D [/color][/size][/b]

Haven't you guys heard that old adage that is hokey, hokey, kokey but OH, so true in this case:

[center][font=Garamond][size=3][color=red][b]GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT![/b][/color][/size][/font] :D :D [/center]

[center][img]http://www.travelalaska.com/images/skins/mendenhall/Postcard.jpg[/img][/center]
[center] [/center]
[center]isn't this [b]tempting????:p [/b][/center]

[b][size=3][color=blue]Okay Caroline, that does indeed look like it's worth waiting for!!! And, we're waiting! ;) [/color][/size][/b]

[b][size=3][color=#0000ff][/color][/size][/b]
[b][size=3][color=#0000ff]Jackie, if it truly turns out to be in June, it will definitely be good that you booked for Aug! :) [/color][/size][/b]

Hi Caro and Nita! No problem, I'm waiting patiently! Anything this good is worth waiting for! That's a beeyootiful picture, can't wait to see it in person! I'm working on building up my blubber reserves so I'll stay warm on the cruise. :cool:

[size=3][color=red][b]Hey, nobody said I can't change my mind if it looks good enough. I still would like to receive all the info. :) [/b][/color][/size]

[size=3][color=red][b]Thanks![/b][/color][/size]

My family is thinking of going on a "friends and family" cruise July 2005. Since most of us live in the Seattle area, this cruise would be ideal. (Of course, there will be some who say that they don't want to go to Alaska and would rather sun on a Caribbean Beach!!) If you do find out the prices, etc. I can let them know---of course, if they all decide to go--kids and all--there would be 33 Onorati's on board and I don't know is even CC could handle us!! This isn't including any friends who migh want to participate. Our cruise is "up in the air" right now, but I certainly would give them all the details and let them make up their minds. My one daughter-in-law is in charge of the whole thing, so I, being a great mother-in-law, will not interfere. Whatever she decides will be ok with me. The only concern might be the Children's program that Princess has for the kids and some of my grandkids are young yet.

Just let us all know what you find out, Caroline. This sounds like a great cruise. Oh yes, I have sailed the Inside Passage a number of times and never wonder at the beauty that is Alaska!!

Marilyn

[quote name='emerald777']Hi Caro and Nita! No problem, I'm waiting patiently! Anything this good is worth waiting for! That's a beeyootiful picture, can't wait to see it in person! I'm working on building up my blubber reserves so I'll stay warm on the cruise. :cool:[/QUOTE]
[b][size=3][color=blue]EM, so that is what I'm doing!!! :D :D I just thought I was BAD and enjoying chocolate and ice cream! ;) Now I know it's for a good cause! :rolleyes: [/color][/size][/b]

[quote name='lyndabaker'][size=3][color=red][b]Hey, nobody said I can't change my mind if it looks good enough. I still would like to receive all the info. :) [/b][/color][/size]

[size=3][color=red][b]Thanks![/b][/color][/size][/QUOTE][b][size=3][color=indigo][/color][/size][/b]
[b][size=3][color=#4b0082]Lynda, that would be great, if it works out!!! We're just in this waiting game, so will wait! :) [/color][/size][/b]

[quote name='mumsyo']My family is thinking of going on a "friends and family" cruise July 2005. Since most of us live in the Seattle area, this cruise would be ideal. This sounds like a great cruise. Oh yes, I have sailed the Inside Passage a number of times and never wonder at the beauty that is Alaska!!
Marilyn[/QUOTE]I think Princess could use the practice with a huge group of CC'ers in Alaska.. after all they have you hounds to contend with next September..:p I can't wait to meet you in Sept. and again in February (??) too... we will be on Mariner Sept. 19..

And for those of you who need further enticement to wait, you need something else loverly to look at :)

We will visit Skagway
[img]http://www.alaskainfo.org/frames.on/itineraries/item/town.jpg[/img]

and see harbor seals near Tracy Arm...
[img]http://www.juneausportfishing.com/Sightseeing/Tracy_Arm/sealblue.jpg[/img]
[center][size=1][color=red][b](shh! I'm gonna bribe them to show up!)[/b][/color][/size][/center]

[quote name='

[center'][size=1][color=red][b](shh! I'm gonna bribe them to show up!)[/b][/color][/size][/center]
[/QUOTE]
[b][size=1][color=blue]Okay, I'll be quiet. Do you think you can bribe the bears and whales, too??? :rolleyes: :D [/color][/size][/b]

[size=3][color=red][b]Nita and Em,[/b][/color][/size]

[size=3][color=red][b]No need to build up your blubber; I have enough for all of us. The feast began on my last cruise in May and I just keep on feasting. :eek: :eek: [/b][/color][/size]

[size=3][color=red][/color][/size]

[quote name='lyndabaker'][size=3][color=red][b]Nita and Em,[/b][/color][/size]

[size=3][color=red][b]No need to build up your blubber; I have enough for all of us. The feast began on my last cruise in May and I just keep on feasting. :eek: :eek: [/b][/color][/size]

[/QUOTE][b][size=3][color=purple]Lynda, do NOT spoil my blubber building, by claiming it isn't necessary! :rolleyes: :D [/color][/size][/b]
I am eating ice cream at this very moment! I am enjoying this blubber building! :D

Yes, Caroline, we most certainly will be meeting on the Mariner in September and on the Miracle in February.

I really think that my family would enjoy a CC cruise. That's why I want to send off the information just as soon as it is posted. Of course, they may "nix" the idea, but who knows what "kids" will do???

Marilyn

[b]Lynda - I went on the Galaxy in March and thus began a feeding frenzy which [color=red]JUST WON'T STOP[/color]!!! I've gained almost 20 lbs in 4 months! It's a conspiracy by the cruiselines to make you dependent upon them. I've given up even trying to be good, figure I'll [u]REALLY[/u] try after my cruise next month......Or maybe I'll wait until after the cruise in February.......Or maybe[size=1]........(sigh......) :( [/size][/b]
[b][size=1][/size][/b]
[b]Caro - Can you bribe a few good men to show up too????? :D [/b]

Archived