July 2005 "OFFICIAL" CC Group To Alaska!!

Host Caroline

I've been checking around for some pricing for this date - I think it's a wise move to stay away from the summer months. And with the new time frame you never know... the skys may turn out to be very blue!

Can't wait to see what the group price works out to be :)

The skys won't have any choice! We've put in our request far enough in advance to assure nothing but blue skys, gentle breezes and calm seas! I'm not free to divulge exactly how we did this, but it's time for me to restock my supplies of eye of newt and tiddlywink feet ! :D

[quote name='emerald777']The skys won't have any choice! We've put in our request far enough in advance to assure nothing but blue skys, gentle breezes and calm seas! I'm not free to divulge exactly how we did this, but it's time for me to restock my supplies of eye of newt and tiddlywink feet ! :D[/QUOTE]
[b][size=3]Hi Em,[/size][/b]
[b][size=3]I understand the eye of newt (I'm guessing you mean one of Newt's eyes? ;) :rolleyes: ), but what are tiddlywink feet???? :eek: [/size][/b]

Tiddley Winks are wonderful little animals native to many areas of the world. They are seldom seen, but are fascinating little creatures. So fascinating in fact, that someone created a game named after them. They don't walk as much as they hop, here to there, there to here, and back again. They've been known for ages, so long in fact that the origin of the name is lost in time. Their diet is primarily insects and earthworms, but they've been known to eat larger things, especially if there's enough of them in a swarm. They tend to overwhelm the prey, then ingest it. Tiddleys, as they're known, are not social beings, at least when it comes to humans. They don't seem to trust us, possibly because the first humans they came in contact with had a tendency to press on their backsides to see them hop into a container of some kind, where they were trapped. Hope this sheds a little light. :D

[quote name='emerald777']The skys won't have any choice! We've put in our request far enough in advance to assure nothing but blue skys, gentle breezes and calm seas! I'm not free to divulge exactly how we did this, but it's time for me to restock my supplies of eye of newt and tiddlywink feet ! :D[/QUOTE]
Like I said all things come to those who wait.. maybe we should start a "pool".. whoever guesses correctly when I get the rates wins a ?????? :cool: hmm... have to ponder on that...

Here's your fix, in the meantime: Thar she blows ...:) !!!
[center] [/center]
[center][img]http://www.kayakketchikan.com/photos/halfday/b81.jpg[/img][/center]

[quote name='daWoods']Tiddley Winks are wonderful little animals native to many areas of the world. They are seldom seen, but....[/QUOTE]WOW! Great description daWoods! But you forgot to add that they come in a variety of colors, have a hard, almost plastic like outer skin and their mating call sounds like "Ka-Plink....Ka-Plink.....Ka-Plink......Ka-Plink". And let me tell you! Trying to get those little feet of theirs is a very difficult job!

Caro - I will guess that you get the rates on Friday, July 16th! Do we have to guess the time too?? If so, my prediction is a 12:38 pm.

[center][img]http://p.webshots.com/ProThumbs/72/45972_wallpaper280.jpg[/img][/center]

It's unfortunate that you've had to move it to early June. That let's us out because of business committments. The original date of July 24th was perfect. Oh well, maybe next time. :(

[b][size=3][color=navy]My guess is, Mon. 19th at 11:00 am. But I really hope EM is closer to being right!!!! :D [/color][/size][/b]
[b][size=3][color=#000080][/color][/size][/b]
[b][size=3][color=#000080]Maybe someone else should guess an earlier date and time, and I could hope they'd be right!!! :D [/color][/size][/b]
[b][size=3][color=#000080][/color][/size][/b]
[b][size=3][color=indigo]It almost looks like we're being deserted! :( I hope some folks can still go, if it is in June!!! :) [/color][/size][/b]

Heck, I'll jump in here and hope for tonight by 11pm. It looks as tho we may be out of this one also as June is never good for us for a vacation. Heck, I was warming up to singing North to Alaska with y'all. :eek:

Anyway, maybe Caro can get Princess to re-think????

OK, Nita - now you can root for me to be right. :)

OK, I'm guessing July 21.....I'll be at sea on the Conquest that day making my way to Jamaica:D ....guess I'll find out who wins when I return......June or July is fine with me because I'm a teacher...I've been to Alaska once and so far its the prettiest place I've seen.

Okay, no one guessed it right.. I clicked on my email tonight and what to my wondering eyes should appear but a link to the June 4 Alaska webpage for Diamond Princess right here!!! I've started a new thread here on Princess and will email everyone tomorrow or Friday... since I have to get this done tonight:rolleyes:
[url="http://www.cruisecritic.com/interests/groups.cfm?ID=59"]http://www.cruisecritic.com/interests/groups.cfm?ID=59[/url]

Yea!! Prices! Actually, compared to the rates on Travelocity, they are pretty good! The Mini-Suite is 200.00 pp cheaper and the balcony is 150.00 pp less. And that's not counting the 50.00 cabin credit. The only cat not quite a bit cheaper is the single rate which is actually one dollar more than the Travelocity rate. Maybe Crucon made a mistake on that one?? If the prices drop, won't they adjust the group price too? I guess because it's a new ship it's a little more expensive?

Well, that pricing just burst my bubble. Plus airfare from Boston, don't think we can do it unless because I DID WIN, a free trip is the prize :)

I will keep watching to see if anything changes, like the date????? End of July would have been much better

Please check out newly enhanced and updated information on the CC Cruise aboard the Diamond Princess at [url="http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=54413"]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=54413[/url]. Since this group was switched to June due to the higher rates, I have closed this thread and left the above one open!

Archived