Dolphin & Chankanaab

djapj

I am considering doing a Dolphin Encounter for members of our group that have never been cruising before. Is the Dolphin Discovery at Chankanaab? Is there a ticket that will get me both? I also have the opportunity to purchase Dolphin Encounter on Groupon and am wondering if I can still do Chankanaab as well? If they aren't at the same location, how far away from each other? And how much are taxis to the Dolphin Discovery? We will be on the NCL Getaway. Thank you.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There is a dolphin encounter at Chankanaab and the price includes use of the park afterwards. We arrived at Puerto Maya the southern most port of the three and cab fare to CP was $12 for two of us... cab fares are regulated and fixed the is a web site where you can see the fares from other ports

http://www.cozumelinsider.com/Transonczm?From=Taxipuertamaya

We did this as a cruise sponsored excursion so I can't speak to the cost of buying individually. As I recall both facilities are connected so you can walk from one to the other. When we finished the dolphin encounter we walked around and went to the beach. It a very nice place and we had a great time. Be forewarned that you can't bring your own camera to the encounter. They take photos and you can buy the CD for $150 or individual photos for certain prices.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We, too, enjoyed the dolphin encounter, but the price we were quoted for pictures and the CD were much higher. Two 4X6" pics would have been $400. A CD over $300. They weren't in a bargaining mood that day, so we said, "Thanks, hut no thanks."

Do you know if the Dolphin place is actually "Dolphin Discovery" or do they have their own?

The Dolphin place in Chankanaab National Park is "Dolphin Discovery." Yes, you can do Chankanaaab afterward as it is inside the park. There is another Dolphin place on Cozumel that is elsewhere.

Edited by Charles4515

Dolphin discovery is located inside Chakanaab and includes Chakanaab park entrance as part of dolphin ticket.

Dophinaris is NOT located in the same place. I believe Norwegian uses Dolphinaris for the dolphin excursion offered. It is not the same place as Dolphin Discovery.

Book Dolphin discovery direct through website by Dec. 31 and it is buy one get one free. :). You can take a cab to Chakanaab/Dolphin Discovery for about $10.

The dolphin swim at Chankanaab is awesome and so is Chankanaab. Since the swim is located inside Chankanaab, you don't have to pay the normal $21 entrance fee because it is included with all swims.

There's plenty to do at Chankanaab before/after your swim as well. They have a lagoon for calm water/families, the snorkeling is on down and pretty decent, there's a beautiful lagoon with tons of huge iguanas sunbathing and walking around, they have a zip line there, an alligator pit, a small replica mayan ruins self-guided tour and a pool. You can also watch their sea lion show as well for free.

I have 2 reviews of our visits there in my signature line. There's TONS of pictures.

Here's a map of the place:

chankanaab%20map-XL.jpg