They said I was crazy, but I tried to tell them! Book early!!!

amandajean06

I have been planning to celebrate my 30th birthday on a cruise for some time now and I wanted as many of my family and friends along as possible.

I booked myself, my hubby, and our two boys in the connecting balcony/interior rooms on the Pride Eastern Caribbean sailing from Baltimore for 5/28/17 wayyyyyyyyyy back in Janurary (18 months prior to sailing.) Other than my parents and brother, who booked when I did, the rest of my family (in-laws, etc.) thought I was nuts for booking so far ahead and said they'd just wait awhile.

Well, while watching for ES price drops for nearly a year now (and seeing none) I thought I would check prices to compare today, since none of them have booked yet. :confused:

In January of 2016, I paid (cruise fares only):

$1778 + $50 OBC (balcony, deck 7)

$1378 + $50 OBC (interior, deck 7)

and as of today:

$2128 + $0 OBC, half off deposit (balcony, deck 7)

$1778 + $0 OBC, half off deposit (balcony, deck 7)

That means that we paid a whopping $750 less (plus $100 OBC) for our total reservation by booking as soon as itineraries were released as opposed to waiting. Sadly, this probably means that no one else will book as prices are now too high, but I am sure glad I listened to my gut and planned ahead!

Has anyone else experienced such a climb as this?? Do we stand any chance of price drops based on this trend? I know that not everyone can plan ahead so far, but with it being a birthday trip, I was hoping they would all jump on with us and book early. Looks like it will just be the 9 of us, and that's ok by me. :cool:

Maybe they did not want to go, and listening to you they knew they prices would increase thereby giving them a legitimate excuse not to go. Just a thought.