Leave Car At Hotel Or Park at Pier In Galveston

mommas2tired

WE ARE COMING FROM WEST TENNESSEE AND WONDER IF ANYONE HAS HAD PROBLEMS LEAVING THIER CAR AT THIER HOTEL IN GALVESTON WHILE GONE ON A CRUISE. HOW SAFE IS IT? WE SAIL 1/8/2006 ON CONQUEST & I WONDER SHOULD WE BOOK A HOTEL AND TAKE THE CHANCE, OR JUST GO TO THE PIER FROM THE HOTEL AND PARK:confused: . ALL OF OUR PLANS ARE COMPLETE EXCEPT THIS LAST DETAIL. THANKS FOR ANY INPUT.:confused:

I think you will be pleasantly surprised when you get to Galveston and you could leave the car at the hotel or you could park at the pier.

We used EZCruise parking for our cruise and they shuttle you to and from the ship and are very friendly.:)

Where is the Motel going to allow you to leave your car, and who is going to watch it??

I decided on EZ-Cruise when the Motel said, sure, you can park you car in the outside edge of the parking lot, and sorry, nobody is going to be watching it.

EZ-cruise looks like a prison with 10 foot chain link fence and razor wire above it, and surveilance cameras. Sheesh...it might be easier to break out of prison then to break into this place.

I am not on the payroll to Cindy (the owner) and the gang, but as many endorsements as I have given them...maybe I ought to be!

I am in the same fix. 4-5 hour drive to my friends in houston. They suggest we carpool it, but i am not sure we can fit 7 people and all their luggage in their van. I would park my car in their garage, or follow them to the parking area, which they always park in.

guess i will ponder this for a few more months.

WE ARE COMING FROM WEST TENNESSEE AND WONDER IF ANYONE HAS HAD PROBLEMS LEAVING THIER CAR AT THIER HOTEL IN GALVESTON WHILE GONE ON A CRUISE. HOW SAFE IS IT? WE SAIL 1/8/2006 ON CONQUEST & I WONDER SHOULD WE BOOK A HOTEL AND TAKE THE CHANCE, OR JUST GO TO THE PIER FROM THE HOTEL AND PARK:confused: . ALL OF OUR PLANS ARE COMPLETE EXCEPT THIS LAST DETAIL. THANKS FOR ANY INPUT.:confused:

Hi Momma! I'm also sailing on the 8th and I'll be staying at the Harbor House. They have controlled parking and it's very safe. This will be the third time that I've stayed there. I love being able to look out the window of my room the morning of sailing and see my ship. :D

would you believe that I tried to get a reservation at the harbor house for March next year just to find it booked up? :rolleyes:

High season for crusing and Harbor House is a small hotel compared to others in Galveston. I booked my Harbor House room in July for day after tomorrow, and it was a good thing cause a few days later another couple going on the same cruise tried and found it booked for the date we were going.

Elation in TWO days.

We also use EZ Cruise Parking. They shuttle you too and from and very secure and you can book online for a reservation. We don't like parking at the hotels as there are some folks around there who break into vehicles for anything of value. The hotels are not responsible and usually have signs in their lots stating this. I have a new car and don't want to risk it.

High season for crusing and Harbor House is a small hotel compared to others in Galveston. I booked my Harbor House room in July for day after tomorrow, and it was a good thing cause a few days later another couple going on the same cruise tried and found it booked for the date we were going.

Elation in TWO days.

Steve, be sure to write a review of your Elation cruise! There haven't been many lately!

We have cruised out of Galveston twice and have always stayed at a hotel that let's you park there. We have had no problems. We are booked at the Commodore on the Beach for our March Elation cruise. They also have a free shuttle. Anyone stayed there??

Another avenue to consider:

We live in Fl., within a 3 hour drive to all the state ports. With parking at $10. or more per day we don't drive our car, we rent one. One way on departure day and one way on return day. Its within $20 of the parking cost and my Hemi Magnum stays locked in the garage at home. Our upcoming cruise is 14 days, or $140.00 in parking costs. A 1 way rental to the port is $49. and the return rental is $36. This time actually saving money and my "Testostoroni" stays in the garage.

We started doing this years ago when Miami had little to no covered parking and much heavy construction at the port. Returning from a 7 day cruise, all the cars in the open lot were unrecognizable, filthy beyond words. It was a bright sunny morning and still dark inside the car, that dirty. After that we went the rental route.

Dan

Dan

Steve, be sure to write a review of your Elation cruise! There haven't been many lately!

I'll try and give a good one. I'm also sailing on her on the 28th of January, so I'll probably review her again after that cruise as we'll hit different ports. Didn't you just get back from one yourself?

Two days to Elation

would you believe that I tried to get a reservation at the harbor house for March next year just to find it booked up? :rolleyes:

We were surprised, too, when we attempted to make reservations in Galveston for March. Some places required a 2 night minimum, others were just full, or so they said. Spring break. We did finally make a reservation at the Tremont House, which has cruise parking. We usually stay the Hotel Galvez and have never had a problem leaving our car there for the duration of the cruise. Next month, we're staying at the San Luis, so hope we have good luck there, too.

well..I have a different option i just found out! My daighter is getting out of the navy and moving to houston! SHE can take me to the port and I can stay with HER! :D

I told her to buy a huge empty lot and charge $5 bucks for all of us cruisers to park there!

I'll try and give a good one. I'm also sailing on her on the 28th of January, so I'll probably review her again after that cruise as we'll hit different ports. Didn't you just get back from one yourself?

Two days to Elation

No, Steve, unfortunatly I did not just go on one. I did sail the Conquest in June but that seems years ago....We will be sailing the Ecstacy/Elation for Spring Break in March. We were originally booked on the Sensation out of NOLA in March until our friend Katrina changed everyone's world!!! I have sailed the Elation before and she is my all time favorite!!

does ezcruise have a web site or could someone give a phone # I'm still undecided, alot of the hotels advertise free parking but don't say they have a shuttle I was suprised to see Commador on the Beach has a shuttle I didn't see that on their web site. thanks for all the helpful info I will have to make up my mind soon.:)

does ezcruise have a web site or could someone give a phone # I'm still undecided, alot of the hotels advertise free parking but don't say they have a shuttle I was suprised to see Commador on the Beach has a shuttle I didn't see that on their web site. thanks for all the helpful info I will have to make up my mind soon.:)

http://www.ezcruiseparking.com/

Here is the web address:)

We used EZ Cruise last week and it was great. You can book online for a discount. We paid $45 for the week but I had booked in advance and their rates have increased. I think it is $55 now but you can email them to be sure. If you have more that one in your car you can drive up to the pier and drop your luggage and leave your carryons with that person then drive to EZ Cruise and park and walk the 2 blocks or so back to the terminal. When we disembarked their shuttle was there waiting on us.

Archived