Harmony of the Seas - Review December 10 to 17

maximus217

We have recently sailed with Harmony of the Seas from December 10 to December 17, 2017 - Eastern Caribbean, and I would like to share with all of you our experiences and point of view.

Embarkation:

We were scheduled to embark from 11:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. We were at port by 11:15 a.m., and by this time, there were hundreds of people already. Processing was smooth, and we were given our call number before proceeding to the holding area. Our number was 40. By the time they opened the gate and called our number, it was already 12:45 p.m. when we reached the gateway. Anyone who needs to add or make changes to their specialty dining or Anytime Dining will need to proceed to Deck 5 at the Silk Restaurant entrance.

The Windjammer Market Place was a mess. There were long lines and no seating available by 1:00 p.m. Plates and utensils were hard to find. I advised everyone to have a good lunch before embarkation.

Stateroom:

My family and I booked 5 Central Park View Rooms with Balcony. There are a lot of storage in the room so you will have enough space for all your belongings. Bring your own shampoo. They will only provide shampoo to suites, and since we were not in a suite we end up with one small bar of soap and liquid soap dispenser in the shower. Balconies can be opened if your family member is right next to you.

Main Dining Room:

The decor and service was great. The food was hit and miss. Nothing to rave about.

Royal iQ App:

The app was great to check your calendar, statement, and ship compass, but it was hard to make reservation for any dining or shows if you have multi-rooms to book since you have to enter each room and last name of the party in order to book for your entire family. It was quite frustrating sometimes especially if you are looking for available time which will not allow you to do so until you have entered each room number and last name.

Shows with Reservation:

We saw Fine Line, Headline Show, and Grease. The best show among the three was Grease. Don't miss it. If you have Fine Line reservation and the show was cancelled, they will reschedule them for you. Hopefully, you will not have any other conflict.

Specialty Dining:

We dined at Jamie's Italian, Wonderland, and 150 Central Park for dinner and Sabor for lunch. My family and I enjoyed Wonderland best, but you will not regret dining to the other three specialty restaurants. However, I recommend to make the reservation prior to embarkation since finding the right time for dining is hard to get. If one of your family is vegan, any of the mentioned specialty dining restaurants can accommodate your party.

Deluxe Beverage Package:

Do not be alarmed if your SeaPass reads premium and not deluxe. They are the same thing per Guest Services which created so much confusion to us and their other staff since no one seems to know that they were the same.

Disembarkation:

We decided to disembark with our luggages since we have an earlier flight. We in line by 6:00 a.m., and the gate opened at 6:05 a.m., and we were out by 6:20 a.m.

Overall, the ship was beautiful, but you will need a lot of patience since I am not sure they anticipate that the amount of people with this size require additional space for dining, shows, and entertainment.