1hour:30mims between connecting flight- enough time?

mcatmcat

Hi

I'm planning on going to Barcelona from Florida but my itinerary includes a connecting flight between Madrid and Barcelona. The layover time is only 1hr and 30 minutes. My girlfriend and I walk super fast but we are also traveling with a person that can't walk that fast.

Should I keep this flight of pick another one that has 3 hrs of layover

I will be arriving at terminal 4S connecting in terminal 4

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you are on a single ticket it shouldn't matter as the airline will put on next flight in case of delay. Usually 90 min is enough. Passport control in Madrid is not slow way faster than the US. With two separate tickets I wouldn't do 90 min and opt for 3 hrs.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I can't speak to whether 90 minutes is enough at that airport, but you mention that you are traveling with someone who can't walk fast.

If you let the airline know ahead of time that one of your party has mobility issues, they can have help waiting at the gate when your plane lands -usually either a wheel chair or an electric cart.

One time, my flight from Europe was going to arrive very late so my connection time would be less than an hour. I'd had tendonitis flare up on the trip. With a reasonable connection time I would have been fine, but the ankle wasn't going to allow me to walk fast enough to make the connection. I asked the flight attendant to arrange for assistance. A wheel chair was waiting for me on arrival.

As a side benefit, that also bypassed the line at immigration because the wheel chair goes through a special line. I made my flight with plenty of time to spare.

Hi

I'm planning on going to Barcelona from Florida but my itinerary includes a connecting flight between Madrid and Barcelona. The layover time is only 1hr and 30 minutes. My girlfriend and I walk super fast but we are also traveling with a person that can't walk that fast.

Should I keep this flight of pick another one that has 3 hrs of layover

I will be arriving at terminal 4S connecting in terminal 4

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My son and I recently flew TAP from NYC to Venice with a stop in Lisbon, we had to go through passport control. On the flight over we had no problem with the short time frame between flights.

On the way home however our flight was delayed and we ran through the airport to make our next flight.

I'm not sure we really needed to worry though, both flights were booked with TAP and don't they bear some responsibility to hold the plane. It's not our fault their plane from Venice took off late, therefore making us late for the next flight.

Since you aren't able to run through the airport I would opt for the 3 hour delay.

My son and I recently flew TAP from NYC to Venice with a stop in Lisbon, we had to go through passport control. On the flight over we had no problem with the short time frame between flights.

On the way home however our flight was delayed and we ran through the airport to make our next flight.

I'm not sure we really needed to worry though, both flights were booked with TAP and don't they bear some responsibility to hold the plane. It's not our fault their plane from Venice took off late, therefore making us late for the next flight.

Since you aren't able to run through the airport I would opt for the 3 hour delay.

They don't have to hold the plane and they often don't. They are responsible for rerouting you to get to your destination. I was on a plane circling Frankfurt airport due to weather issues while my connecting flight took off.

In the EU on an EU carrier they are also responsible for providing meals if you are stuck over a few hours and hotel if it is over night.

For weather related delays in the US, they aren't even responsible for that. Only things like mechanical or logistical delays require them to provide food and lodging.

On the way to the cruise, I wouldn't chance it, especially if you are arriving close to when the cruise starts. On the way home, I might.